Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity tv streaming is unwatchable

Regular Visitor

Xfinity tv streaming is unwatchable

I've literally never had a worse streaming experience. I'm currently streaming netflix and hulu, all of which are working fine, while I'm posting this just to emphasis my point. The live tv streaming is unwatchable. It's not my internet connection, it's not my hardware, it's your servers/streaming service. And how you can advertise it as a service is beyond me. Constant freezing, audio not syncing with video, having to refresh my browser and start over CONSTANTLY. Have you guys received a single decent review? I'm seriously better off listening to the radio. This is absoultely garbage, every time I try to use this service, it's the same thing. UNWATCHABLE.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity tv streaming is unwatchable

I wouldn't go as far as you did below, but I have had some minor issues like jittery playback and pauses.  Yes, you are not hte only

one who was had problems.

Right now, I am researching why I cannot watch any OnDemand stuff from Chrome but it keeps giving me an error that I am

not on HOME NETWORK when I am.  So, little things here or there like that, are frustrating.  I only wish Comcast would

figure this out.

Because, yes, what you said below about many people jumping ship, is not a joke.  Everyone that I have ever talked to

in Houston, is hoping Google Fiber comes here.  Then, Comcast might ("repeat might") have a mass-defection.  I love

them when they work, but it is just taking so long to get everything figured out by them.

And, the constant cost of a cable box is what is my main gripe.  There are really no options, and then we don't

even have a ESATA port on these new devices (or if we do, they don't work) like the Scientific Americas HD8500

which you could connect up a TB harddrive and record up to 300+ hours of HD (which I used to).  Now, I have

to FREAKING make sure that we clean up our WIMPY STB of MAYBE? 50/60 maybe hours? 

If only they would open up the standards and let other companies come in with a better STB.  That would be the

day.

However, I want them to succeed just they have to do it quicker.

Cable Expert

David_Fullerton wrote:

I wouldn't go as far as you did below, but I have had some minor issues like jittery playback and pauses.  Yes, you are not hte only

one who was had problems.

Right now, I am researching why I cannot watch any OnDemand stuff from Chrome but it keeps giving me an error that I am

not on HOME NETWORK when I am.  So, little things here or there like that, are frustrating.  I only wish Comcast would

figure this out.

Because, yes, what you said below about many people jumping ship, is not a joke.  Everyone that I have ever talked to

in Houston, is hoping Google Fiber comes here.  Then, Comcast might ("repeat might") have a mass-defection.  I love

them when they work, but it is just taking so long to get everything figured out by them.

And, the constant cost of a cable box is what is my main gripe.  There are really no options, and then we don't

even have a ESATA port on these new devices (or if we do, they don't work) like the Scientific Americas HD8500

which you could connect up a TB harddrive and record up to 300+ hours of HD (which I used to).  Now, I have

to FREAKING make sure that we clean up our WIMPY STB of MAYBE? 50/60 maybe hours? 

If only they would open up the standards and let other companies come in with a better STB.  That would be the

day.

However, I want them to succeed just they have to do it quicker.

Tivo's are available retail with large drives and external drive options.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I am having the same issues. My mac will not stream, yet my iphone streams from xfinity app just fine. What would be that issue?

Frequent Visitor

Good idea with Tivo.  Thanks for suggesting it.

My current solution and PROBLEMATIC ONE is Windows 7 and Windows Media Center.  Yeah, yeah, I am

still in the Dark Ages.  But, I got a Win7 box that is background-recording stuff for playback over home

network.  It doesn't work as well as Comcast STB for Live Playback, but it kicks bottom for recorded stuff.

Then, I can keep as much stored content as I want.  But, cable card is a pain in ashe, but I just deal with it.

If you get it hooked up and authenicated, then it seems to work until it has problems again. Then, a

reboot of the cable card (i.e., Ceton Network 6 box) or a call to Comcast will keep my wife's Dr.Phil's

recording.

So, I just wish they would open up the platform and let a Set Top Box (ST with more storage appear.

I'd drop WMC in heartbeat to eliminate any real problems with constant configuration stuff.

Just my two cents.  THanks for the ideas.

Frequent Visitor

Good luck, Tinkle, my friend, good luck.  I monkeyed with it for about two hours, because I have an 

A/C out on bottom stairs (where my FAVORITE TV IS) and am upstairs in bedroom with an Alienware

Alpha.  I wanted to watch some shows that I pay for, but NOPE -- had to monkey forever with 

just-another-Comcast "not working feature".  Again, if they are reading, I love it when it works,

but I seem to curse it when it does not.

I followed the various steps around this site, but I just gave up.  I decided to watch something else.

I only have so much free time, so I like to enjoy myself during that time and not solve their

problems for them.

Grinning ...

Service Expert
Moved:

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation