Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity tv app

New Poster

Xfinity tv app

Can I watch my recorded shows on the Xfinity TV app while I'm in the Caribbean?

Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity tv app

Hi Makavelli558,

Yes, you will be able to watch your recorded shows on the Xfinity TV app.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

A customer support rep told me no. 3 others say yes idont getit

Problem Solver

Hi Makavelli558,

You will be able to watch your recorded shows on the Xfinity TV app if you have a WIFI connection or a 3G/4G cellular network.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Well that just means im being lied to. Do u have any solutions? 

Problem Solver

I still think the one who told you no is correct.  It is a fact that if you try to stream content from the Xfinity TV Go app outside the U.S. it will fail.  From the XFINITY TV Go App FAQs

Can I stream or download outside of the United States?
The XFINITY TV Go app allows you to stream and download in the continental U.S. plus Hawaii and Alaska. All other countries, including U.S. territories, are blocked but your downloaded content can be played back anywhere - even if you are out of the country.

This is most likely due to Comcast not having the rights to stream content internationally.  Now, it never really says that same thing in the X1 DVR with Cloud Technology Recording and Playback Features - FAQs.  It actually says,

Can I stream an in-progress or completed recording to my device while I am out of my home?
In-progress DVR recordings cannot be streamed outside of your home, but completed recordings can be streamed to a mobile device via the XFINITY TV app or XFINITY TV portal (xtv.comcast.net) anywhere, anytime.

Anywhere is very vague. Does that mean outside the 50 U.S. states?  How do they have the international streaming rights for that but not the other?

I set up an international VPN on my PC and tried to stream a recording and it failed as expected.  When I removed the international VPN the streaming worked.  That tells me that streaming doesn't work outside the 50 U.S. states.

New Poster

So that means the" anywhere anytime" is just false advertising?

Problem Solver

Like I said, the "anywhere, anytime" is very vague.  I also have read other forum posts with users failing to be able to stream their recordings while outside the U.S.   It would be nice if Comcast updated the X1 DVR with Cloud Technology Recording and Playback Features - FAQs, to specifically state if recording playback can occur outside the U.S., like they state in the XFINITY TV Go App FAQs.

If you were so inclined, you could try connecting to a U.S. based VPN and trick the service to think you are in the U.S. while abroad.  I'll leave that up to you to figure out.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation