Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity tv app won't play video

New Poster

Xfinity tv app won't play video

Hello,

A few weeks ago the app generally worked but now I can't seem to play any of the "play now" movies or tv shows. When I press play the screen loads past the "checking parental controls" page and to the regular player where it shows a black screen and "0:00:00" on either side. Sometimes the tv rating shows, too (TVPG). Then it cuts away to the show's page that I was on before and shows the message, "Sorry, we've experienced some difficulty playing your video" and the option to press "OK". I have tried everything I have seen on forums and otherwise to fix this problem. I've removed computers on "manage my devices", I've deleted my history from the app itself as well as delete the apps data from the settings on my iPhone, I've also changed the dns on my phone's wifi (apparently since I'm not using my home wifi, this problem could occur), all while constantly signing in and out and uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Nothing has worked. A lot of users are claiming they've had this problem since updating their iPhones to the latest software (iOS 6) I believe. I haven't successfully played a video since updating my iPhone, either. I'm wondering, if this is a problem with the app itself, when will it be fixed? When will the update come out that's compatible with the new iPhone software? If it's not the app, what else can I do to fix this problem?

Ana

Additional note: the DNS servers I used were 75.75.75.75, 8.8.8.8, 8.8.8.4, and 8.8.4.4 .
Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity tv app won't play video

Anar53 wrote:
Hello,

A few weeks ago the app generally worked but now I can't seem to play any of the "play now" movies or tv shows. When I press play the screen loads past the "checking parental controls" page and to the regular player where it shows a black screen and "0:00:00" on either side. Sometimes the tv rating shows, too (TVPG). Then it cuts away to the show's page that I was on before and shows the message, "Sorry, we've experienced some difficulty playing your video" and the option to press "OK". I have tried everything I have seen on forums and otherwise to fix this problem. I've removed computers on "manage my devices", I've deleted my history from the app itself as well as delete the apps data from the settings on my iPhone, I've also changed the dns on my phone's wifi (apparently since I'm not using my home wifi, this problem could occur), all while constantly signing in and out and uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Nothing has worked. A lot of users are claiming they've had this problem since updating their iPhones to the latest software (iOS 6) I believe. I haven't successfully played a video since updating my iPhone, either. I'm wondering, if this is a problem with the app itself, when will it be fixed? When will the update come out that's compatible with the new iPhone software? If it's not the app, what else can I do to fix this problem?

Ana

Additional note: the DNS servers I used were 75.75.75.75, 8.8.8.8, 8.8.8.4, and 8.8.4.4 .

What video(s) are you trying to watch?

Have you tried another WiFi connection to try to watch videos?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

At first I only tried watching the show Dexter on Showtime, then I just clicked on a bunch of different movies and tv shows just in case it was a problem with the showtime subscription. I still had the same problem. I tried using it on a different wifi today. A public one, same problem. Is it possible the app isn't playing because of the wifi I'm connected to? Shouldn't it play on all wifi connections?
Silver Problem Solver

itr should yes.  Have you cleared the info from the app, under settings?  have you uninstalled the app or restarted your phone recently?

New Poster

I have. I actually tried doing everything repeatedly but nothing has worked.
New Poster

I am having the same issue. Every video under Play Now will not work all of a sudden.
New Poster

Seems to be an issue with iPhone 5 only. iPad 3 works fine. Both devices running iOS 6.
New Poster

Yep, soon as I switched from iPhone 4 to iPhone 5 it stopped working. Same exact issue that was described by the original poster.  Not cool.  

New Poster

It's not just iPhone 5 because I have an iPhone 4 and ever since I upgraded to iOS 6 the play now function will not work. Very frustrating.
Problem Solver
Moved:

New Poster

I have the iPhone 4 with iOS 6 and it doesn't matter what show I try I get the same message.
Official Employee

Buttons32 wrote:
I have the iPhone 4 with iOS 6 and it doesn't matter what show I try I get the same message.

Are you using the Xfinity TV App or the Xfinity TV Player App?

What is the exact error message you are getting on all videos?

Thanks,
Joe
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

I am using an Iphone- 3GS, and I jsut updated to ios6. Now, I can't get any video to show when playing any movies, tv shows, etc from the Xfinity TV Player App. It plays the commercial for Boss at the beginning for Starz shows and movies, and the HBO intro scene for HBO shows,  but when the show or movie actually starts there is no video. I can hear the audio fine, but no video. I have tried to uninstall the app and reinstall and rebooted my iphone multiple times to no avail. Please help me with this, as one of the main reasons that I upgraded to ios6 was so I could get the Xfinity TV Player app to work.

Thanks,

Kevin

New Poster

I pretty sure it's not the iOS cause I got an Ipod touch 4g updated to 6.0.1 and it was working fine. When I got the update for the app no matter what I do videos won't play. I'm sure it's the app that's messed up.
New Poster

I have the same problem with my iphone 5, Ipad2, and ipad mini, All devices are on IOS6.1. The only Jailbroken device is the iphone 5, the rest of the devices are not, but i still get the same error. I have tried on different networks as well and the same error. I took a print screen of the error just incase it helps with anything.

Error message "sorry, we've experienced some difficuly playing your video"

http://tinypic.com/r/701/6

Frequent Visitor

I am having the same problem. Audio plays. Video plays for a few seconds and the goes blank. I have an iPad. The video quit after the latest software update. Before that, it worked fine. It does work on my regular HP computer
New Poster

I have iphone 4GS and iPad 2 and the app has stopped working after upgrade to the new iOS.  Is a new version coming -- soon I hope so?

Official Employee

hbka wrote:

I have iphone 4GS and iPad 2 and the app has stopped working after upgrade to the new iOS.  Is a new version coming -- soon I hope so?

Are you using the Xfinity TV App or the Xfinity TV Player App?

Also, what error message are you getting when trying to watch videos?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Re: Xfinity TV app won't play video

My primary residence is in Utah, but have a second home in rural Nevada. I thought I would hook up a Android Mini PC RK3066, 1.6 GHz 1G RAM 4G Flash to my TV in Nevada and use the Xfinity TV App to stream and watch TV and movies. WHen I click on play show I get a message about disconnecting the "secondary output". There is only one HDMI output on the device? I also can not "watch TV" in a browser as it sees my device as a mobile and states I must use the mobile app for Android. Very frustrated. Anyone have a solution for this?

New Poster

I am having the same exact problem, adding that when I do get some videos to play they are very frequently in Spanish, even though I am NOT on the Spanish language version of HBO nor are my settings on the internationalization set to Spanish language.

I an running iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.2 and iPad 2, iOS 6.1.2 as well.

One thing though. We had similar issues on pre 6.1.2 versions as well.

Just need to fix it guys. This has been going on since October of 2012 and here we are in coming to
End of 1st quarterback 2013!!!

Peter
Please somit hesitate to contact me if you need more IMO.be glad to help.
New Poster

I'm having trouble just with the download to play functions for some movies.  Since the latest release of the Xfinity Player update.

For both:

iPhone 4S - iOS 5

iPad 2 - iOS 6

Whenever I try to download a movie, it looks like it finishes, even though the file sizes don't seem to sync up all the way (example: downloads 600MB for a 700MB file).  Whenever I attempt to watch that movie, I get an error that says something like:

Playback Issue :: -11800

New Poster

I receive that same message: Playback Issue :: -11800. However, the video doesn't even play before I get that message. I'm also using a iPhone 3GS and updated to the recent version put out. (iOS 6.1.3)
New Poster

I'm getting the same issue sort of.. Different error code -11484
Frequent Visitor

Getting the exact same issue, but A) No error code is displayed. Show will either continue with a frozen screen while audio plays or just freeze completely (audio and video). B ) I'm running Android ICS on a TF101.

Also, just for context and to make sure it's clear, I'm using the Player app 1.4.0.005. I tried rebooting, clearing cache and data and also uninstalling/re-installing multiple times. Also verified parental controls and other settings to make sure these weren't causing an issue. None of these attempts fixed it.

New Poster

comcast joe, it's not an issue on our side.  this app has worked forever.  please know that it's a widespread issue, where we click to start the video and the video doesn't start playing.  it's started not working earlier this month. 

please let us know what you're doing to diagnose root cause and plan to fix.  thanks.

New Poster

Comcast Joe,

You haven't been to this thread in more than 7 months, but others have. I'm brand new, first post ever specifically because the apps have been broken for so long now. The issues continue and for Android, has increased since the last update in October 2013. The problem is spread across multiple platforms & multiple devices and for me personally, 2 different apps: Xfinity TV Player and Xfinity Streampix.

On my Galaxy Note 2 and my Galaxy Note 3, I can at least get videos to play, although they stutter constantly. This happens no matter what my connection, be it my wireless at home through Comcast or the LTE connection via Verizon. No other video apps I use (Netflix, Hulu, YouTube) stutter or buffer while on either of those connections.

For my Galaxy Note 10.1 (original) & brand new Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition, I can't play video on either the TV Player app or Streampix app.  I get the same 2 errors on both tablets. The message is the same, just the error number is different. And I can find nothing online about either error number.  This is what I get:

Either "Error:: 106000.35" or "Error:: 106000.47". The message on each is as follows: "Something is wrong with the playlist for this video.  We're sorry for the inconvenience; the error has been reported to our video team, who will investigate asap. Please try playing this video again later."

CJ, have any of you at Comcast/Xfinity taken a look at the most recent reviews for the TV Player and Streampix apps at the Google Play Store since the last update? I went through 8 pages of reviews. I'd have to say 85% - 90% are about how the update in mid-October pretty much broke both apps.

So, are you guys truly looking at this? It's aggravating that I'm paying more than $225/mo for your services and one of the ones I use daily has been broken for the last 3 weeks without any word from Comcast about a solution.  Just pull this update and re-issue the last version. That one worked darn near flawlessly for over a year - for me anyway.

Bronze Problem Solver

I agree pull the new version its broke the old version worked perfect. On my Galaxy 10.1 tablet the video plays but freezes every five seconds then resumes not good and unwatchable. Quit playing games and give us the old version back.

Regular Visitor

Re: Gifting Player app won't play video

I'm on Iphone operating version 6.1.3 and all I can view is the commercials! I tried all kinds of movies and cartoons. I am on WiFi but, after the commercial I get a (Playback Issue :: -11848). 

New Poster

I'm using the Xfinity Player App on a Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Ver 1) with AOS 4.0.4

The app worked fine a few days ago. Now I can't play anythign unless it was previously played.

New selections come up with the loading info circle, but I never get any video info.

It won't even show a list of networks.

It wasn't great before, now the app is a total POS.

Frequent Visitor

Was told some time in October that I had to wait for a new, pending update to the app. Went to the Google Play store a few days ago, and the update has apparently come to pass. The app is now called "Xfinity TV Go" which I think is a good move to avoid confusion with the other Xfinity Player app out there. However, while the name and version number changed, the functionality (or lack thereof) seems exactly the same. Went to chat on the site about it, but that is apparently not meant to function on mobile devices (or, at least, not THIS mobile device).

People still having the same issue?

Bronze Problem Solver

Same thing here i had a ticket open on the issue but was finally told that my Galaxy 10.1 OS ver 4.04 was no longer supported by comcast when i called Galaxy they told me that my tablet is no longer supported by them either and no new version will be pushed to the tablet. Funny it worked great on 4.04 with the older app so its seems if you have the same tablet i do the app will no longer work correctly so i just unistalled it. Thanks Comcast, Thanks Galaxy. 

Regular Visitor

I'm still having the same issue too!! Smiley Sad
Regular Visitor

Yep same problem. I'm upgrading to IPhone 5s and will see if that changes anything.
Regular Visitor

Upgraded to iPhone 5s and everything works great now! Smiley Happy
Bronze Problem Solver

Hemi101 wrote:
Upgraded to iPhone 5s and everything works great now! Smiley Happy

Yeah no thanks to comcast.. Smiley Sad

New Poster

playback issue ::-11848

The commercial plays but then playback issue ::-11848 appears Smiley Sad

Regular Visitor

I have downloaded the Xfinity TV 2 GO application on 2 tablets and a Samsung S3 and I am able to watch TV and movies on all 3. I recently purchased a Traveltek 10.1 tablet and downloaded the TV 2 Go app. And  I get sound but no video..Anyone have any idea what the problem could be.

Frequent Visitor

Having the exact same issue. The xfinity tv / movie player does NOT work. I have NO problems streaming movies from netflix, amazon, vudu, or flixster. I am using a 1st generation iPad. Can't update to ios 6. I have reset my iPad. Made sure all memory is clear. I cleared the memory in the xfinity player also. I ran a ping and the speed is ok too. The movies usually will run for the first hour then they will stall and continue to stall every minute on the minute. It is REALLY annoying. It also seems to happen more when demand is high.
Frequent Visitor

What is Comcast going to do about this????. Same problem with ipad.
New Poster

play back issue

on my iphone it says play back issue 11848 and they have notified the vidio team i am tring to watch xfinity tv go and it has been saying that from begining. i get it on my ipad but not iphone. please help

New Poster

finally i have found someone with the error 11848. so frustrating no one can help me!

New Poster

Re: Gifting Player app won't play video

me the exact same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contributor

Re: TV Go won't Go

Yup, got a snazzy Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 tablet ( Wi Fi only) from Santa and have had no problems with internet, apps, etc.  I use the Xfinity TV listing app; no problem.  Saw the TV Go ( player) and thought that would be neat.  Used the Internet (duh) to go to App Store, used the Internet to download & install the TV Go app (duh) but when I click on a show it's No Go.  Keeps timing out it says.  Have full signal. Cleared cache and rebooted tablet.  Uninstalled App.  Wonderful.  Sent e-mail to Comcast help on this.  Ohhh, Comcast Joe where are you??

Trying to find something amusing with this foolish tablet that I would have never bought myself.  Wanted to see an HD show on an HD screen since I have no HD Tv's here.

Time will tell.  Haven't hit any home runs with Comcast issues lately..................

Contributor

Re: TV Go that wouldn't Go is now Going!!

I fixed the problem.  I was using the "Xfinitywifi" for any Xfininty customer on my wireless Gateway.  I thought about it and followed the instructions @ comcast titled Accessing and Setup of a Wireless Gateway.  That way I'm using my own wireless access and not everybody's.  TV Go is now going fine on my tablet.  And I also have a secure wireless network.  Comcast had the info and I had to think about it.  I'm happy now. 

My other 2 computers are cabled into the Gateway as I had no need of wireless.  Older & wiser.

Contributor

I'm addressing the new app, "Xfinity TV Go", was Player, which will allow me to watch live cable channels, on my Polaroid S10,10.1" Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) Tablet w/ Dual Core Processor. It also has "Google Play". When you bring up the list on the far left. there's a new icon "Live". I have already reported to the App Dept over the phone, that I am receiving audio but, not receiving video on "Live". I was told, "We have have received several calls about & we are working on it." On the networks, I can watch the shows on them just fine. By the way, my cousin & I each, bought our tablets at Kohls Black Friday, for $129.00 + 7% Indiana Sales Tax. The have front & rear cameras & the speakers are down in front.

Tags (4)
Frequent Visitor

Upgraded to the new IOS 7 for Ipad, now it works. Maybe someone from Comcast should have responded???

Tags (1)
New Poster

Goodbye Comcast.. You cheat me out of my hard earned money every month. Give me unreliable service. Now, you won't even let me stream via 4g because I don't have verizon.. I have Sprint because its cheaper than verizon and they give me UNLIMITED DATA unlike verizon. Do I want to stream when I have to worry about data fees? No. Comcast, you and your friend verizon could give a "S word" about the customers. ... You are just in it for the money. The directv technician is installing my service in a few days. THIEVES! <br>
New Poster

Did this issue get resolved and if so, how. I'm having the same issue with a Jelly Bean tablet running Android 4.2. Thanks for any and all help....

New Poster

Having same problem with my Acer and xfinity is no help..... they seem to be having issues with most devices wanting to connect to the app

Contributor

I have read postings re Xfinity TV to go app and the same issue still occurring for 2years. Has it worked for anyone on any device?

Today, after yet another failed service call regarding my destroyed home network, I just laid back with my nexus and tried to watch a TV program, then a video x3, went to Comcast network and tried the 3 items there- same message   ”error 106000.47. No idea what that means and could not find explanation-my guess- Comcast decided I CAN'T watch videos, shows, etc. 

Thanks Jarod from Executive Customer Relations- you made good on your threat of 2/28/14 @ 6:50 pm. Deciding on my next move regarding the Comcast/Xfinity dual personalities. So many promises, so few accomplished. I am truly distraught over the past year and what Comcast/Xfinity has done/not done to this consumer. Computers were my lifeline to the outside world, now I'm afraid of them. Thank you.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats