Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity tv app suddenly not accessing DVR, guide, etc

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity tv app suddenly not accessing DVR, guide, etc

It's like the app gets cut off immediately after I start using it. Have had it for a year, this is brand new as of today. Started around 3am this morning.

Recorded shows list is there, 2 secs later says I have nothing recorded. I have screenshots but forum won't allow pic upload from file.

Tv listings can't be loaded either. Usually no problems at all.

Going to settings to show download devices on account only gets 403 error.

"For you" gets a sequence of errors after the first line.

I can only conclude my app was suddenly deemed unauthorized and kicked off the network. No cganfes have bern made, I am inside my own home. I am paid through 2nd week of November, so WTH?

Reboot, cache clear, app update etc no change.

Any ideas?
Tags (3)
Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity tv app suddenly not accessing DVR, guide, etc

Do you get the same errors when using a computer and connecting to the Xfinity TV web portal: https://tv.xfinity.com/

This might show if it's an account problem vs just an app issue.

Also, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? Or is that what you meant by "app update"?  It's a little harsh, but might be worth the effort.

New Poster

I'm having the exact same issue on my android phone and tablet. Started last night. When I try to log out of the app it says I'll lose my downloaded recordings. I've had that happen before and then couldn't access the programs on the app or my dvr.
I use this app every day to view programs from my DVR . Never had a problem before.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Frequent Visitor

No issues on laptop
Frequent Visitor

Oh and I'm afraid to uninstall and reinstall due to loss of recordings that has happened in the past. Plus shows are in the cloud app that are not available on DVR due to the weird relationship between the three.

I am at 94% full, entire seasons of shows yet to be watched. Ditching would be upsetting. (Not on the scale of say a sinkhole swallowing my house, but still...)
Regular Visitor

Got the same problem. Been using this app on my Android phone since last year and it's been working great. Now that I'm on a trip, I can't access any of my recorded or downloaded programs since this morning 9/20. It's really irritating! Has anyone contacted Comcast/Xfinity to report it?
Problem Solver

I decided to try this on my Android tablet, and I got all these errors too, so I decided to sign out, then sign back in. It worked after signing back in.

You will lose any downloaded recordings when you sign out though.

Problem Solver

Also, you shouldn't lose any Cloud recordings by uninstalling (you will lose any downloaded recordings though), but knowing Comcast, stranger things have happened. Like I said above though, just sign out and sign back in. Mine worked.

Chassiskat wrote:
Oh and I'm afraid to uninstall and reinstall due to loss of recordings that has happened in the past. Plus shows are in the cloud app that are not available on DVR due to the weird relationship between the three.

I am at 94% full, entire seasons of shows yet to be watched. Ditching would be upsetting. (Not on the scale of say a sinkhole swallowing my house, but still...)
Frequent Visitor

Went through the signout again, (change household in settings) it did seem to work this time. Thx.

Interestingly, on a possibly related note, my entire DVR appeared to go into a "restore" mode briefly this afternoon when I turned on the tv. Deleted shows were back, new shows missing, and error messages all over the place. Suddenly fixed itself 5 minutes later without a reboot.

Something's going on. Patches, new systems, new software, who knows?
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation