Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity tv app question

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity tv app question

Am away from home and trying to watch past episodes of "Under the Dome" I have missed. When I try to play an episode, I am told I need to downloads the xfinity tv app. I already have it installed on my iPad. What gives?? Thanks.
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity tv app question

The xfinity TV app is to control your boxes at home not to watch on mobile devices, xfinity Player lets you watch on demand on your device but I hate to break the news to you, Under the Dome isn't on Xfinity player

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

So, what exactly does...download the xfinity TV app from ITunes in order to watch your subscription's on demand shows and movies from anywhere" mean? Why would I not be able to watch on demand shows from a mobile device, when the instructions are to download an app from iTunes designed for mobile devices???
Official Employee

I see how itunes has them named, xfinity tv player ( same as on demand) and xfinity tv remote (dvr manager remote control) and the show you were looking for isnt available on demand

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Well, I guess we are not on the same page here, Andrew.  I just went to xfinity.comcast.net and the first thing I see on the home page is this:  "Summer TV Shows"  and "Watch the Latest 'Under the Dome' and "Watch 'Under the Dome" in the same window, with multiple links to watch the latest episode and "more episodes."  So, I click on the link and...guess what I see?? The following:  "Video can only be played through the XFINITY TV App.  Please download the XFINITY TV App from iTunes in order to watch your subscription's On Demand shows and movies anywhere."  "Download the Free App" which I have already done.  And, as you have said, when I open the app, 'Under the Dome' is nowhere to be found.

I can handle that 'Under the Dome' isn't available.  What I find very frustrating is that xfinity is telling me I CAN watch it.  My suggestion would be that you please up-channel to the people in charge to either make it available, or stop leading me to believe it is available when it isn't.  

Thanks much! 

Official Employee

I got ya now, false advertising

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Well, I'd like to believe xfinity wants me to be able to watch the program, and I'd like watch it. Maybe someone somewhere forgot to push the button that will turn this on? I can't I'm the only person who wants to watch this particular program, given that xfinity is inviting us to do so...
Frequent Visitor

That should have been "I can't imagine I'm the only person..."
New Poster

That is the same problem trying to watch Pac-12 network.  Comcast claims you can watch it, then blocks you from watching it.  Reading this, I wonder how many shows are being blocked like this and people think it is an error that affects just one show.

Official Employee

Please be advised that on Saturday September 7 and September 14, Pac-12 Networks will be airing two live football games concurrently. As is customary for live sports networks and to provide our customers with a great viewing experience, we will be offering both games. The additional game will be placed on an alternate channel or be available on line on each Saturday.

Listed are the two games for each Saturday

Saturday, September 7, 2013:

5:00 pm PT - Hawaii at Oregon State
5:00 pm PT - Central Arkansas at Colorado
Saturday, September 14, 2013:

12:00 pm PT - Boston College at USC
11:00 am PT - Fresno State at Colorado
For additional information on affected areas and what channel customers can view the alternate game, refer to Pac-12 Networks - Dual Airing of Games September 7 and September 14 - West Division. For a list of Pac-12 Network channels, refer to Pac-12 Networks - West Division

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation