Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity tv app on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity tv app on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

I downloaded the xfinity tv app on my galaxy 2, I log in, see my 3 cable boxes, but there is no option to do anything other than change their names. There is no next step, there is no menu, nothing. Who wrote and QA'd this? Awful. Anyone else experience this?
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity tv app on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

well what is it you are trying to do?  the app lets you manage your dvr in some markets and you can watch on demand type shows if you click the play now tab.  there is also a remote app you should download.

make sure you set your zip code correct under settings or you will not get tv listings either. do you not see the tabs on the bottom of the screen?   see this page from the google play store you should see these things.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xfinity.tv&hl=en

Service Expert

rog286713 wrote:

well what is it you are trying to do?  the app lets you manage your dvr in some markets and you can watch on demand type shows if you click the play now tab.  there is also a remote app you should download.

If the app name is Xfinity TV Remote you already have it. I suspect that is the one you have because you mention being able to see your boxes. This is the only Xfinity app which is tied to your boxes.

The TV player app has nothing to do with cable boxes.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

There is no interface; no menu, no continue button.  Sorry about it being upside down, the insert picture inverted it!

SamsungG2v2.jpg

New Poster

I just got one too tonight and am trying to setup the XFinity TV app on my Galaxy Tab 2 and I see the same graphics issue...no "Continue" button when selecting your cable boxes. I am just trying to set this up like I did on my iPad. Never had issues with it.

Frequent Visitor

Ditto... Same prob. My iPad works great., android app,..broke
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation