Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity tv app doesnt work like all the others

New Poster

Xfinity tv app doesnt work like all the others

Same ad other posts.  I login, it says adding device, then screen says Good news, Xfinity tv is available in your area.  Call blah blah blah (I know I have it).  I call, talk tell, get transfered,  tech says I dont have X1.  So I call again, change/add service, rep says I have X1, transfer, wrong department, transfer again, wait on hold.  Give up.  End up here.  Annoyed, do I have it or not, does this app work or not?  What have I been paying for?  How can I tell if comcast can't even tell me.

Regular Contributor

Re: Xfinity tv app doesnt work like all the others

ddifonzo wrote:

Same ad other posts.  I login, it says adding device, then screen says Good news, Xfinity tv is available in your area.  Call blah blah blah (I know I have it).  I call, talk tell, get transfered,  tech says I dont have X1.  So I call again, change/add service, rep says I have X1, transfer, wrong department, transfer again, wait on hold.  Give up.  End up here.  Annoyed, do I have it or not, does this app work or not?  What have I been paying for?  How can I tell if comcast can't even tell me.

Hi ddifonzo, 

I am taking a look at the account.  I will make sure that everything is added properly and get it set up for the application to work.  I will send you a PM with additional information. 

Thank you!
ComcastAllie

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Re: Xfinity tv app doesnt work like all the others

You can click on my name (ComcastAllie) and scroll down to a link that says “Send this user a private message”.

At the top of each Forum page you will see a small envelope

This is the icon for Private Messages, referred to as ‘PM’s’. A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public view in the Forums.

The gray envelope icon will have a number next to it if you have any new messages waiting.

To open a PM to read it, double click on the envelope. If you click on the white envelope a window will open with tabs for your Private Message Inbox, Sent Messages, Friends, Ignored Users, and Compose new Message. You can also access this area by clicking on the Username in a Thread or post. By default, Private Messages are enabled. You can disable this feature in My Settings>Preferences> Private Messenger.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation