Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity streaming on my pc hasnt worked in months...

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity streaming on my pc hasnt worked in months...

-New operating systems .. fully patched and updated.

-Dual boot Win 7 64 BIT & Win 8.1 64 bit nets the same error code.

-Compadibility mode doesn't work

-Flash is updated (Win 8.1 has Windows updates flash patch)

-Silverlight is updated (64 bit)

-Tried both 32 bit and 64 bit browsers

-No firewalls or antiviruses installed

-Chrome , Firefox , IE 11 = same error outcome

-Cleared cache , reset all browers to default , reinstalled flash, reinstalled silverlight - same error outcome

-No problems in viewing Crackle , Youtube , Netflix , Hulu or other programs that use silverlight or flash.

Android app version has no problems streaming movies on my network.

-On going for 12 months or so.

-Me & the rest of Nashville is tired of this unreliable , overpaid , commercial filled services that you offer Comcast. Google fiber will be in my area soon .. and your history.

ScreenHunter_08 Jul. 08 10.13.jpg

My Device Information

My Zip Code:

My Cable Provider:

Comcast Nashville Digital

Use Dac:

false

My Conroller ID:

My Map ID:

My Persona ID:

My myDVR Manager Status:

Not Installed

My Set Top Box Names:

Not Installed

My Watchlist setup:

false

Facebook Watchlist Syncing:

false

Facebook Connect:

false

My public IP address:

My operating system:

Windows - Trident/7.0

My web browser:

Mozilla 11 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; Trident/7.0; .NET4.0E; .NET4.0C; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; rv:11.0) like Gecko

My system type:

Desktop computer or other device

My Silverlight version:

My Flash version:

Javascript:

enabled

Cookies:

Enabled (2132 Bytes).

Time Information

My Clock Time:

Tue Jul 08 2014 10:20:52 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time)

Server Clock Time:

Tue Jul 08 2014 10:20:54 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time)

My Account Information

In Home Authenticated:

false

Primary Account:

true

Provider Codes:

gt, fk, ep, eq, dm, dd, hb, eu, ey, fm, fc, eh, gi, bw, jg, gf, bu, by, em, bs, at, bl, ix, gd, fo, gr, iy, k, dg, dt, bn, bi, bj, ce, ez, dx, gk, fh, fd, do, fy, is, ew, b, go, dj, de, fa, ci, fx, gq, jf, cw, ge, ea, cb, jj, co, ir, gh, jc, gg, gl, dh, en, fi, cd, cf, fb, df, cu, c, fe, ex, ga, fw, fz, fn, ff, jm, fs, ct, cs, et, cv, gv, fr, db, dr, bm, jb, gm, er, fv, dy, bo, ft, bq, jk, je, jl, da, im, iz, fq, fl, bv, el, di, fu, cx, dq, fg, fp, ds, eo, gx, es, gj, ev, gc, fj, cn, ch, gb, eg, cc, ji

Internet Subscriber:  < What? I'm using your internet services as I type.

false

Cable TV Subscriber:

true

Voice Subscriber:

true 

The incompetence goes even deeper............

BTW I got rid of this cable modem a long time ago. Why is it still listed on my account ? I have voice but dont use the cable modem because I bought my own .... which is not listed anymore. (We use the android app for voice calls)

ScreenHunter_11 Jul. 08 11.05.jpg

..AND why not fix the internet usage app while your at it ? It hasn't worked in months either.

ScreenHunter_10 Jul. 08 11.05.jpg

Hulu web site works and yours doesn't  ? How ironic your vids stream their content...

Hulu.jpg

Regular Contributor

Re: Xfinity streaming on my pc hasnt worked in months...

Hi Glen:

I suggest that you private message one of the Comcast people and eplain that streaming hasn't worked for you in a while. I've checked and while there are a number of other threads with people complaining about 900 series errors but I don't see anyone else posting with this specific error.

As a workaround you can in most cases go directly to the networks own website and watch from there.

- Norm

Frequent Visitor

Norm, I'm an A+ Certified Technician with 30+ years of computer related service under me.

Your high school suggestion is why I'm posting in the firstplace. Numerous calls .. pm's have led me here. I've read all of your previous replys to other forum members asking for help and am shocked your offering your opinions still . Your suggestions do nothing to solve the issues and your skill level on the subjects is laughable.

Your ignorant on how comcast's web site reads layout strings ...

Which is why in your previous posts your confused why the "My Device Information" displays incorrect informationfrom from most of the subscribers who run the scripted page. (Mine listed above is not entirely correct either)

If you don't have a highly educated  answer .. please just don't reply , troll elsewhere. Comcast doesn't need the help of incompetent people offering their opininated answers..

--Glenn

Regular Contributor

Look, I'm sorry that you're having problems and are apparently very frustrated and angry but that's no reason to be rude and nasty.

Going directly to the networks own web site is a reasonable workaround when for one reason or another the XFinity site is unuseable, if you find that unaccepable for some reason then that's your problem. If you are unwilling to private message the Comcast people who post here and ask for help then there's very little that anyone can do to help you. I can tell you based on my own experience that in at least three cases I've private messaged the Comcast people and they have replied and forwarded the problem I was having to the correct people and within a week or two the problem was fixed.

- Norm

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation