Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity stream not recognizing me as home

New Poster

Xfinity stream not recognizing me as home

The xfinity stream app worked fine yesterday all day but now does not recognize my home network. I've rebooted everything, uninstalled and reinstalled and checked to see if my gateways serial was correct on my account. On my roku I cannot even get past the "not on home network" screen and it only lets me exit the app. My other devices will also not recognize home network but will let me watch non local programming. Please help this seems to be a pretty common issue if anyone else has solved this please let me know I've had no luck with Comcast so far.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity stream not recognizing me as home

I have expereinced this issue many, many times over the past year.  I found no way to correct it locally.  

I have found that it always resolves itself, i.e., it's a Comcast issue not your issue, but this can sometimes take up to 2 weeks.  Most of the time, it is corrected overnight on Saturday night...probably when they do weekly maintanence. 

Very, very frustrating for sure.  Wish I could be of more help.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation