Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity share error

Regular Visitor

Xfinity share error

I have triple play:Internet, voice, X1 box with dvr. I downloaded the share app on my iPhone and when I log in it gives me an error saying I have to have triple play to login. I have talked to several Comcast technicians all who have no clue what to do. Please help me to get this to work.
Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity share error

We'll get someone to look into this and get back to you with an update.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Service Expert

MadHuntsMom wrote:
I have triple play:Internet, voice, X1 box with dvr. I downloaded the share app on my iPhone and when I log in it gives me an error saying I have to have triple play to login. I have talked to several Comcast technicians all who have no clue what to do. Please help me to get this to work.

I just noticed today, that in your Profile Settings ( must be logged into your account online and then goto: https://secure.xfinity.com/profile )  that there is a new window in your MyProfile for Xfinity SHARE.... you must enable it there also.... ( ie, Manage Connection )

Hope this helps,

-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Thank you Ray! I was so hoping this was going to work! The share app box was already checked in my profile. I tried to log in once again on the app and still was given the error that I have to have triple play. This is so frustrating! Thank tou for the tip!
Service Expert

MadHuntsMom wrote:
Thank you Ray! I was so hoping this was going to work! The share app box was already checked in my profile. I tried to log in once again on the app and still was given the error that I have to have triple play. This is so frustrating! Thank tou for the tip!

Next thing would be to call into COmcast and ensure that the Rep has your account properly coded...  sometimes these "bundled" services don't get the right rate codes assigned for the automatic applications to see them.... you have the services, your services are working, but the "fun" stuff doesn't see the right rate codes...    Call in and have them ensure your rate codes are properly set-up!!!!!

I was one of the first to play with the SHARE App and was streaming live videos of my grandson to another family's X1 system.... it was awesome!!!

Good luck!

-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation