Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity says Firefox in Private Mode, but it's not

New Poster

Xfinity says Firefox in Private Mode, but it's not

I keep getting this error when trying to watch tv using firefox:

This video cannot be played. This content on Xfinity TV is not available for viewing with Firefox's "Private" mode. To play this video using Firefox, please view this page without "Private" mode enabled

I tried in IE too. don't get an error, but the video doesn't load. Just keeps saying loading...

New Poster

Re: Xfinity says Firefox in Private Mode, but it's not

please this just started for me in chrome and IE

fancieratoms wrote:

I keep getting this error when trying to watch tv using firefox:

This video cannot be played. This content on Xfinity TV is not available for viewing with Firefox's "Private" mode. To play this video using Firefox, please view this page without "Private" mode enabled

I tried in IE too. don't get an error, but the video doesn't load. Just keeps saying loading...

New Poster

Same here, happening in Chrome and IE for me.  Tried re-starting computer and did not fix the issue.  I was attempting to watch Big Ten Network streaming

Contributor

Same here.  Running the latest Firefox, Flash and Silverlight.  Was playing Boardwalk Empire and suddenly this just started happening around 7:40pm EST.  I can't even watch the episode we just finished watching.

Sounds suspiciously like they are mucking around... to me.

Contributor

Here's the full message when I click Play... after it opens up the window with the "Manage Parental Controls" screen it blanks and then pops up the following:

This video cannot be played.

This content on Xfinity TV is not available for viewing with Firefox's "Private" mode. To play this video using Firefox, please view this page without "Private" mode enabled.

Firefox is NOT in private mode.

Oddly enough, if you actually TRY to watch the video in a Private window, it gives you more info:

Sorry, we’ve experienced some difficulty playing Boardwalk Empire S3|E7 "Boardwalk Empire 31 (HBO)".

Please refresh this page in your browser to continue where you left off.

(Error 900|3305.406)

Official Employee

Hello,

We are currently experiencing a service outage that is impacting playback and incorrectly reporting privacy/incognito mode. Our engineers are aware of the issue and are currently working to restore playback as quickly as possible.

I will provide updates as they become available.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

COME ON!! I WANNA  WATCH OZ!!!

HURRY....

UP!UP!UP!U!P!!!U!!!P!!!!!O!!!ZOOOOOOOZZZZZ!!!!!!!

New Poster

This happening to me, is there another outage? 

New Poster

I sincerely appreciate the honesty with this. Comcast used to tell the customer that the problem was on their fault while they worked on the problem without acknowledging it. Glad to see that's changed. Kudos!

Contributor

And now it's magically working again.

You'd think they'd avoid breaking things at 8pm on a Saturday night!!!

New Poster

ITS BACKKKKKKK

IN SHA ALLAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU COMCAST ANDY, DID YOU HAVE TO RESTART COMCAST?

HAD A FEELING Smiley Wink

Contributor

Yes... hats off to ComcastAndy for dropping a note in here.

Official Employee

Hello,

We believe the issue is now resolved. Please confirm you are able to resume watching Xfinity content online.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Woman Very Happy Works for me on my ipad now, we will see about my computer

Frequent Visitor

Sorry ComcastAndy, but it isn't working in NJ as of 0918AM on 03/04. I still can't see LiveTV content from either IE11 or Firefox 27. In IE, all I get are the three blinking lights. In Firefox it tells me my browser tells me to disable Private mode.

Frequent Visitor

The only Live TV networks that load in either browser are the ESPN networks. The others are busted.

New Poster

Confirmed that it is still not working in New Jersey and hasn't been for several weeks.

New Poster

<p>still mot working for me. this has been a few months now guys..</p>
New Poster

So this issue, which was continued from a previous post starting on 1/15/2014 is still on-going? This is pretty poor customer service IMO. It is now 4/1/2014, three and a half months with no fix. @ComcastAndy...do you have anything for us? It wouldn't be quite so annoying if I wasn't paying for the service but I am, and so are many others, seems like we have a class here! Seeing how many people seem to be affected perhaps a class action suit for the cost of service x time down x number of customers affected + legal fees would be motivational. I am quite disappointed that Comcast with all of its technical savvy can't get ahead of this. Please respond.

New Poster

thanks for the free HBO this week - too bad all I got to see was a black screen with the following message (even though I don't use Private Mode):

This video cannot be played.

This content on Xfinity TV is not available for viewing with Firefox's "Private" mode. To play this video using Firefox, please view this page without "Private" mode enabled.

The wonderful Comcast service that I've come to expect.

Looks like I'll be calling DirecTV back tomorrow to reinstate my installation date.

New Poster

It is as though my TV is stuttering.  Both the picture and the voice are choppy.  I have complained about this and had service men call on two occasions.  You can't seem to control it at all.  Have you learned anything new?

Contributor

For what it's worth, I haven't seen this problem again since I originally reported it.  We watched a bunch of shows over the following several weeks after my last post.  That said, I haven't been watching any Xfinity Online content since then.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats