Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity "TV Remote" app for iPhone not working properly

New Poster

Xfinity "TV Remote" app for iPhone not working properly

I've had the "TV Remote" app on my iPhone and iPad for over a year now and never had a problem until earlier this week. My DVR will no longer record shows I set up on the iPhone or iPad. I CAN change channels from those 2 devices but any show I set up to record does not record. Storage capacity shows 35% full so that's not the problem. I have reinstalled app on both devices. Still not luck. The 2 Apple devices do see the STB as I CAN change channels from them but any recordings I set are ignored. Any thoughts. It apparently started Nov 24 or 25, 2014.
New Poster

Re: Xfinity "TV Remote" app for iPhone not working properly

Nobody has any idea on this??
New Poster

I noticed the same thing.  There were no updates available.  Weird thing is this.. I couldn't use the web browswer either.  Anyway, I deleted the app and then redownloaded it from the app store.  When it opened, it was a new version.  And it worked.  The next day i tried using the tv guide from the website and that worked as well

New Poster

Remote app stopped working today. I was on the phone for an hour earlier this week and had a tech out to fix missing channels 3 days ago. Now more issues with these guys. I miss Direct TV. I should have never left. 10 years with out a single problem. Comcast has been issue after issue.
New Poster

Thanks for the replies.

I have a feeling I am finally going to make the change over to Verizon Fios.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation