Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity player app missing closed captions for USA shows

Contributor

Xfinity player app missing closed captions for USA shows

I am a hard of hearing customer who needs closed captions to watch tv.  I often watch TV on my tablet and many shows I like are on the USA network.  None of these shows seem to be closed captioned, even episodes that aired several weeks ago.  This is unacceptable.  Not only is it discriminatory, it is ILLEGAL.  Please fix it ASAP.  I have complained to the FCC about a similar issue in the past and Comcast still did not resolve it.  They kept trying to call me on the telephone to discuss something about my computer, when I am DEAF and obviously only use my phone to text.  If Comcast continues to treat me this way I WILL be considering legal action.  Thank you for listening.

Molly

Contributor

Re: Xfinity player app missing closed captions for USA shows

Does nobody read these?

Contributor

Re: Xfinity player app missing closed captions for USA shows

mollyb,

Too few stand up for their rights. For a while, I was despondent that others were not willing to confront Comcast on this issue. They do an excellent job of blaming us for incompetence, rather than acknowledging their discriminatory practices.

Fewer than 10% of the Xfinity on-demand shows have CC, despite having been originally broadcast with CC. Comcast repeatedly blames me for not knowing how to use my cable box and that one of their crack technicians coming into my house will solve the problem. But a cable box will not display CC if the CC do not exist.

After my last email, a Comcast  "Corporate Escalation" (their term) expert called me by phone (though it was about a hearing disability concern). I struggled through the call and told her that all future communication should be by email. She was totally oblivious to the evidence I had previously supplied that indicated lack of actual CC. The expert again suggested that the problem was that I was incompetent and the imaginary CCs existed. I subsequently received two additional phone calls telling me that, basically, Comcast was not the problem, I was.

I have reported this to the National Association of the Deaf and to my state's disability rights organization. I suggest you do the same and encouraged others to follow suit. Comcast believes their Corporate Escalation team can intimidate protesters. Let's show them differently.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation