Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity online app and ipad app no longer allow you to delete recorded shows

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity online app and ipad app no longer allow you to delete recorded shows

I spent some time today trying to figure out why you cant delete shows via the Xfinity iPad app or the online (browser  app).  In the past one could use those apps to batch delete programs or entire series.  For example I have 50+ episodes of Jimmy Fallon.  After my DVR hard drive crashed I had to replace and set up all my recordings.  Unfortunately I mistakenly set them up to keep all recordings thus creating the need to delete lots of shows.

After chatting with several representatives I finally found out that they did remove the functionality from both.  Now you can only use the DVR and remote to delete shows.  The explanation was that some uses were having trouble with using the online or ipad version to so they just deleted the functionality.  Sounds like a bland excuse to what really was a software problem on thier end so they just delete the functionality.  

Removing functionality and creating customer angst makes no sense.  Also, their own documentation states that this functionality is still available.  I had thought Comcast was doing a better job but this random but significant negatice changes drives me crazy.

https://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/use-mydvr-manager-in-xfinity-apps/

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity online app and ipad app no longer allow you to delete recorded shows

Russellj wrote:

I spent some time today trying to figure out why you cant delete shows via the Xfinity iPad app or the online (browser  app).  In the past one could use those apps to batch delete programs or entire series.  For example I have 50+ episodes of Jimmy Fallon.  After my DVR hard drive crashed I had to replace and set up all my recordings.  Unfortunately I mistakenly set them up to keep all recordings thus creating the need to delete lots of shows.

After chatting with several representatives I finally found out that they did remove the functionality from both.  Now you can only use the DVR and remote to delete shows.  The explanation was that some uses were having trouble with using the online or ipad version to so they just deleted the functionality.  Sounds like a bland excuse to what really was a software problem on thier end so they just delete the functionality.  

Removing functionality and creating customer angst makes no sense.  Also, their own documentation states that this functionality is still available.  I had thought Comcast was doing a better job but this random but significant negatice changes drives me crazy.

https://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/use-mydvr-manager-in-xfinity-apps/

Apologies for any confusion we may have caused.

I confirmed with our product teams that we haven't removed this functionality and we have also personally confirmed that this functionality works on a number of our own devices. 

To delete all episodes of a particular show:

1)      Visit the “My Recordings” tab on the DVR Manager: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/dvr

2)      Click on Sort By: Title

3)      Select the checkbox to the right of the series they wish to delete ( this will select all episodes of the series)

4)      Select “Save Changes”

5)      Select “Yes” on the pop-up confirmation

6)      Programs will be deleted

Please let me know if you are still having the described issue . If you are, please then provide some additional information (Ios version, bowser, mac or pc) so that we can get this researched and resolved for you. Thanks for your patience. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation