Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity live tv streaming no longer working

New Poster

Xfinity live tv streaming no longer working

Last night I was using the website to stream live tv. About 4:30 this morning it would no longer stream any of the channels. The three dots pop up and it says there is an error and the only option you can select is diagnostics at that point.
I tried again today and it's still the same exact issue on my cell phone and computer. How can we get this fixed? I've seen a couple other posts from different users stating the same problem.
It's not the plug in, or browser it doesn't matter if I use chrome, internet explorer or Firefox the same error message displays on each one and it was working absolutely fine like I said until 530 am and I had been using for hours at that point. It seems to be an issue for multiple people at this point since each thread has been viewed by 40-50 other users as well.
Is there an issue with the website and app right now or what do we need to do to fix this issue?
New Poster

Re: Xfinity live tv streaming no longer working

having the exact same issue in Florida for a few days now. Can log in, can't see live TV, any shows or movies, anything on ondemand, can only view previous purchases? I've reset my Chrome settings, but that still didn't help.  

Official Employee

livestreamnotwo wrote:

having the exact same issue in Florida for a few days now. Can log in, can't see live TV, any shows or movies, anything on ondemand, can only view previous purchases? I've reset my Chrome settings, but that still didn't help.  

Our system shows that your account has been disconnected. The XFINITY TV app and website allow access to previously purchased content even after leaving Comcast (which is why you see purchases but not other features).  If this disconnection is in error, please contact us at 800-XFINITY to resolve.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Spdorg wrote:
Last night I was using the website to stream live tv. About 4:30 this morning it would no longer stream any of the channels. The three dots pop up and it says there is an error and the only option you can select is diagnostics at that point.
I tried again today and it's still the same exact issue on my cell phone and computer. How can we get this fixed? I've seen a couple other posts from different users stating the same problem.
It's not the plug in, or browser it doesn't matter if I use chrome, internet explorer or Firefox the same error message displays on each one and it was working absolutely fine like I said until 530 am and I had been using for hours at that point. It seems to be an issue for multiple people at this point since each thread has been viewed by 40-50 other users as well.
Is there an issue with the website and app right now or what do we need to do to fix this issue?

I'm sorry you're having trouble. Is it now resolved? I just tested on my PC using Chrome and had no issues.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

This isssue has been going on for many years now.  The live stream does not work.  Even if you do get in and watch for a while it will end up freezing before to long.  This system has NEVER WORKED!

New Poster

Same symptoms that I localized to a date issue.  Try changing your PC's date back to 2016 and try an On Demand movie.  That worked for me, but I couldn't find out any way to get live TV to work.

Tom

New Poster

Yes this issue was corrected a day or so after my post, however now multiple channels are missing from my live tv listings in the app.
Yesterday I was able to watch vh1, MTV, USA, e, bet, hallmark, lmn, lifetime and more now today all these channels are no longer in my line up. The package I pay for includes all of these channels and more why all of the sudden am I no longer to able to watch using my app.
This feature is vital to me due to my traveling so often this is the main source I use to view the package I pay for from my phone and computer, how do I get this corrected or what's the deal is this a temporary glitch?
My understanding is that the live listings should match the channels I can watch in home, which was true and I was able to up until this evening. I need to get a resolution as I am out of town currently and would like to watch my shows as I always have been able to in the past
New Poster

I have the same problem with live TV.  It all started on both my computer since the installation of the Creator's update of Windows 10 (most recent update).  Now it just hangs on the dots trying to display the guide and the guide never displays on any browser IE, Edge, or Chrome.  DVR recordings play fine.  I have uninstalled the update on one of the computers and it now works again with live streaming. 

New Poster

This has definitely been happening since Win10 Creators.  I have two laptops and my newest one on Creators won't let me stream live TV anymore.  Like you said it hangs at the dots.  Happens across all browsers although it does work sometimes randomly.  My other laptop works fine.

Comcast please investigate into this issue yourselves!  Its been going on for a wihle now!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 7 in conversation