Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity app will not sync with DVR

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity app will not sync with DVR

I'm using the xfinity app for ipad and I can't set recordings from the app. This has been an ongoing problem for some time. I can search listings but when I hit Record it just says "synching..." and never actually sets a recording (and it never shows up in the scheduled recordings).

What does it take to get a working DVR? This is my third one. I really don't have the patience to sit on the phone with tech support for another couple hours. It's always the same...you're on hold or navigating menus for a half hour and then you talk to someone and they just say they're going to send a reset signal and to "call back if it doesn't work." Of course, that never works, and then you're faced with the prospect of calling and starting all over again.
Regular Contributor

Re: Xfinity app will not sync with DVR

Can you please provide the following information, so we can investigate this issue:

1. Device make, model Eg: iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad Mini? (Not just IPad or IPod or IMac))
2. OS (name, version — please make sure you get ALL relevant numbers in the version number, Eg: IOS 7.0.1, IOS 7.0.4 .)
3. The version of the app installed.
4.Screenshots wherever applicable.

5. Comcast ID (this could be comcast.net email address or ID)

Frequent Visitor

1. It's an iPad 4

2. iOS 7.0.4

3. version: 1.18.0.31

6. My Comcast ID contains identifying information so I'd rather not post it here, but as an employee, you can access through my user name.

Also note, the problem is not specific to the iPad or the app.  It also doesn't work if I try going through the website here using a browser.  

Frequent Visitor

So..."X-finity Sharon" just asks questions about my device and then never replies?  That's helpful.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation