Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity app not letting me set recordings anymore

ANSWERED
New Poster

Xfinity app not letting me set recordings anymore

I've been using the xfinity app for at least a year and have not had any problems with it. A few days ago I tried to set a recording from the app on my phone and now it won't set up. It says its syncing for a minute or two and the instead of getting the red dot to show its set up to record, I get a circle with a line through it (the "no" symbol). There is room on the DVR and I even tried deleting the app and reinstalling it. Any other suggestions?
Accepted Solution

Re: Xfinity app not letting me set recordings anymore

Thank you so much for your response.  I got home from work and tried it again, and it seems to be working again.  It was working on the actual TV/DVR, but it's all good on the app now too.

Thanks again!

View answer in context
Tags (1)
Official Employee

UAB wrote:
I've been using the xfinity app for at least a year and have not had any problems with it. A few days ago I tried to set a recording from the app on my phone and now it won't set up. It says its syncing for a minute or two and the instead of getting the red dot to show its set up to record, I get a circle with a line through it (the "no" symbol). There is room on the DVR and I even tried deleting the app and reinstalling it. Any other suggestions?

Can you schedule DVR recordings on your TV still?

Is this happening to only one DVR box or is it happening to all of them (if you have more than one)?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Thank you so much for your response.  I got home from work and tried it again, and it seems to be working again.  It was working on the actual TV/DVR, but it's all good on the app now too.

Thanks again!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation