Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity X1 TV app is showing "Out of home" error even though I'm on my home network

New Poster

Xfinity X1 TV app is showing "Out of home" error even though I'm on my home network

I've been trying all day to chat with someone at Comcast but have had no sucess.  A few days ago I tried using the TV app in order to stream a live show and I received an error message "out of home".  I've un installed the app, reinstalled the app, restarted the modem with no sucess.  I also tried the online version of the app on a computer and I continue to get the same error message.  Can someone please help?  I see this is not the first time Comcast has had this issue.

Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity X1 TV app is showing "Out of home" error even though I'm on my

I'm having the same problem. I have the problem both on Android and iOS devices. I called Comcast. They rebooted my modem and told me they would call me in 24 hours to resolve the problem. They never called. I still have the problem. Very disappointed

Problem Solver

hokie21 wrote:

I'm having the same problem. I have the problem both on Android and iOS devices. I called Comcast. They rebooted my modem and told me they would call me in 24 hours to resolve the problem. They never called. I still have the problem. Very disappointed

Just to let you know this is a known issue that Comcast says they are actually working on (see this link).  It's too bad the CSR have no clue about this and just give you the run around.  No amount of modem rebooting will work.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for pointing me to that update. It's very disappointing that Comcast can't keep this service working.

New Poster

This started two days ago. Spent 3 hours getting run around with support. Still doesn't work.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation