Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity Video Player Upgrade Message FYI

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity Video Player Upgrade Message FYI

Spent a lot of time talking with comcast tech about this message when trying to watch any HBO program on Xfinity online.  "upgrade your xfinity player", followed by "sorry but the following browsers are not officially supported at this time".  In other words, I couldn't watch any HBO programs online.  No help from comcast tech.  "Call your computer manufacturer".  So let's make this shorter.  I have a new computer running windows 7 and IE9.  It came with both IE and IE (64 bit).  HBO on Xfinity doesn't work with IE 64 bit.  Works fine with regular IE.  Hoorah!

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity Video Player Upgrade Message FYI

you are correct no 64bit, you could have also just used hbogo and not had an issue.

Frequent Visitor

You are also correct.  I did use HBOGO, but I am stubborn enough to continue to look for the problem with Xfinity.  It would seem possible that Xfinity could do something!  After all, their own techs couldn't give me an answer other than "contact your computer manufacturer"!

Silver Problem Solver

its also the weekend so you don't have the regular people there.  The average CS rep knows nothing about the computer stuff.  best to come here.

Regular Visitor

OK, so Xfinity Video Player Upgrade plays "nicely" with 32 bit Windows 7.  Amazingly, the ugrade that excludes all 64 bit Windows 7 users -- and we are legion.  We get fantastic, highly detailed pictures from other sources but not from Xfinity's video player.  

An upgrade that works for both 32 and 64 bit versions of Windows 7 -- the country's most popular browser -- is way overdue!  Prices keep rising, but clearly Xfinity's customer service keeps falling,  We get the worst of both trends.  Throw us a bone, please!  Make your video player relevant.

New Poster

i had the exact same problem that you guys are having, but i kept trying and found out that they will play if you go through firefox

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation