Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity TV remote App for iPad

Visitor

Xfinity TV remote App for iPad

I just upgraded my iPad Air 2 to iOS 9.  The Xfinity Remote app now crashes after about ten seconds.  Not fun.

New Poster

Re: Xfinity TV remote App for iPad crashes in ios 9

I upgraded to ios 9 on my ipad air and now the app crashes. very frustrating as it is one of my most used app. comcast please fix!!!!

Dutch2061 wrote:

I just upgraded my iPad Air 2 to iOS 9.  The Xfinity Remote app now crashes after about ten seconds.  Not fun.

Regular Visitor

I too upgraded to ios9 on my iPad Air 2 and Xfinity Remote crashes within 10-20 seconds.  Prior to ios9 it was rock solid.  Apple broke the app but COMCAST will probably have to fix the app to run on the latest iOS version.   Clearly an Apple problem with the users suffering and COMCAST taking the heat.  Sigh....

Regular Contributor

Re: Xfinity TV remote App for iPad

Crashing here too after upgrade to iOS 9 on iPad.  So far I have deleted the app, shut down my iPad, robooted. Downloaded new app and it still crashes.

Need a fix here.

Regular Contributor

No offense, but it is not Apple's responsibility to make sure every developers application works on their operating system, that is the developers, in this case Comcast, responsibility.  It is quite common for developers to 'fix' their apps when a new OS comes out. Out of all the apps I have on my iPad this one is the only one that does not work. Comcast needs to get this fixed PDQ as I'm paying for a service that is not being provided.

Frequent Visitor

I started to experience this problem yesterday at 3:00 PM. I had not yet  updated my iPad to iOS 9. So the problem is with Xfinity, who have been totally clueless and unhelpful. 

Regular Contributor

Yep crashing on my iPad mini2. Very frustrating. 

New Poster

Xfinity/Comcast needs to do an update for the TV Remote app. to work with the new ios9. Easy ? I hope it's soon...

Frequent Visitor

Called and spoke with rep. from application development two days ago. I'm not having a problem on iphone with os9.1 I am having problems with 0S9.1 on ipad 4 and ipad mini. They are very aware of the problem and are working on a fix. I am currently using the keypad function of the app to change channels.

New Poster

Totally agree. Started crashing a week before upgrading to iOS 9.1. Hoped upgrade plus reinstall of app would cure it but, alas, broken. Knock knock Comcast...

New Poster

Agreed with all here. App is crashing on all my iOS devices since upgrading to latest iOS 9. Comcast hasn't updated the tv remote app since May so really needs attention for all of us faithful users. 

Regular Visitor

Same problem here.  iPad Air and iOS 9.02

Frequent Visitor

Same problem here.
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I spoke to comcast at 11:15 EST today.They have elevated the problem to tier 3 review and assured me that they are working on the problem. I was told to expect a phone call within the week.

Good luck to all.

P

Regular Contributor

Comcast told me the same thing on September 23, so I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.  This is getting ridiculous as problems has been reported since iOS 9 came out on September 16.

New Poster

Just applied the latest IOS update (9.0.2) last night. The remote app still crashed. Funny, just noticed that my posting from last week was removed from the thread. I guess that is because I mentioned how surprising it is that a company this large cannot correct such an obvious and repeatable bug from their IOS app.

Frequent Visitor

Crashes my iPad 9.0.2. Bah

Regular Visitor

I've been using this app for a year, didn't have a problem until I upgraded to iOS 9.  And 9.01, and 9.02, which is I think the current version.  This app doesn't like iOS 9 in any flavor.  I'm using an iPad 3 or 4, not sure.  Doesn't matter, it is a software issue.

i can go into the app and change one channel, as soon as I look at what else is on it crashes.  Hopefully a fix is coming soon!

Frequent Visitor

Well, there's always the new $55.00 Verizon deal.

Regular Visitor

Same Here on IPAD 2 with iOS 9.0.2

crashes after iOS 9.0...9.0.1...9.0.2 updates

I really liked this app, one of my favorites.

I hope Comcast gets it fixed.

Seems like it is taking quite a bit of time to get it sorted out.

Frequent Visitor

Tweet the issue to @comcastcares https://twitter.com/comcastcares - though they didn't sound like they knew what was going on, they said they'd escalate the issue.

Frequent Visitor

I allowed Xfinity to monitor my ipad TV app. It is a slow slug but I

believe them when they say they are working on it. A nice young lady keeps calling me with updates every few days. Lets hope they find the problem and recompile the code to make the app work better.

Frequent Visitor

I found how to contact Comcast's Telephone Support for Mobile devices (iPads, iPhones, etc) -

888.824.8988 (phone number)
Then select Option 2

Hopes this helps you guys - I'm back up and running now.  Good luck everyone.

Frequent Visitor

Hi, What level of service or product are you receiving from Xfinity?

Thanks,

P

Frequent Visitor

Cable television and Internet service.

Frequent Visitor

Is it a premium service. I have basic and they were unable to help me.

Thanks anyway.

Frequent Visitor

Did you call the number I listed?  Is so, call same 888 number, and select

Option 1 - then enter access code 3031046 (talk to Wayne - he was very helpful).

Regular Contributor

I've had a Esclation Ticket number since September 23 for this issue.  Called again Friday and the only thing they could tell me was that they were working 'hard' to fix the issue.

This is a joke IMHO.  They can't fix this problem and no one is saying anything.

Frequent Visitor

I just spoke with them again this afternoon and they informed me that they will have an update shortly.

P

Frequent Visitor

Boy, sadly from experience, Comcast will keep telling you what you want to hear rather than the truth.  Still no new Xfinity TV remote app.

Regular Visitor

How long will it take to fix this EFFIN thing? It's been broken for over a month. For 180 a month I would expect a better response than this!

New Poster

Same issue on iPad mini, iPhone 5 and iPhone 6.  Deleted ap and reloaded. No help.  Updated zip code and channel list.  No help.  Seems worse under 9.1 than 9.0.  Same problem with all TV sets in the house.   Spent 39 min with tech support, but just got an escalation ticket.  Nice ap when it worked, but maddening now.  

Service Expert
Moved:

Post Removed for a violation of the forum posting guidelines. Please do not circumvent the language filters.

Frequent Visitor

It is obvious that Comcast has abandoned development on this app and plan to dump it. How else can you explain how their team of app engineers can not tweak a couple lines of code to make it work.

It was a great little app. Too bad Comcast cannot jump in here and let us know that their team of app developers are totally incompetent or that they are dropping the app.

WHY HAVE NOT COMCAST JOINED THIS DISCUSSION?

RIP. - xfinity remote app.
Frequent Visitor

Received another call from Jennifer from Comcast explaining that all 3 tv apps are affected by Apple upgrade. They are working to correct

the issue. I pressed her as to when but was unable to commit to a date.

Regular Contributor

With all due respect, I belive that is a lie, by Jennifer,  as Xfinity Connect and Xfinity To Go are working just fine on my iPad upgraded to iOS 9. The only broken app is Xfinity Remote TV.

Frequent Visitor

I appreate your frustration. I think Jenn is only passing on what she is told. I would prefer to believe 

that it is still in the best interests of Comcast to fix this problem. Getting upset is not going to solve

the problem. They need to prioritize there assets and deal with this. Patience my friend.

New Poster

Great news everyone....update for xfinity remote just posted in app store. Cross your fingers.

Frequent Visitor

Fingers crossed.  Thanks.

Frequent Visitor

Works Great!! No problems after four days of use.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats