Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity TV refuses to play due to Incognito mode, but Chrome is NOT in Incognito mode

New Poster

Xfinity TV refuses to play due to Incognito mode, but Chrome is NOT in Incognito mode

Fired up and watched an episode of The Good Wife; all good.  Next attempt on Agents of Shield failed due to a complaint of Incognito mode, though the browser wasn't in that mode.  There was no restart of the browser between the working show and the failure.  In fact, no shows are working now.  Chrome is NOT in Incognito mode, yet Xfinity thinks it is...
If it isn't one thing, its another with the attempts at tweaking the content access...

New Poster

Re: Xfinity TV refuses to play due to Incognito mode, but Chrome is NOT in Incognito

I am having the same error "incognito mode" on chrome even though my chrome is not in incognito mode.  If I try to watch it in internet explorer 11 it also gives an error.  This for every station I try to watch and on two different computers so I think it is a problem on Comcast's side.  

New Poster

Re: Xfinity TV refuses to play due to Incognito mode, but Chrome is NOT in Incognito

I am having the same exact issue. I seem to only be able to watch Xfinity with Firefox. Which is odd because until last week I was able to watch everything on Xfinity via Chrome.

Official Employee

SnASideshow wrote:

I am having the same exact issue. I seem to only be able to watch Xfinity with Firefox. Which is odd because until last week I was able to watch everything on Xfinity via Chrome.

Hi all,

Please try resetting your DRM license. To rest your DRM license, please click the link below for step-by-step instructions under "Error 3321-3325 & 3365: XFINITY TV not available for viewing with your current Chrome configuration"

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/troubleshoot-xfinity-tv-videos/#3321

We have a fix going out in the near future that should permanently resolve this problem.

Thanks,

Joe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

This issue on the night that it was being reported on 1/15/14 was being caused by all the live streaming being down on Comcast's side.  It was brought back up later that night and everything was fine.  I have not had that error since then.  It was a different error in Internet Explorer but, again, we were getting this error because none of the live streaming was available.  If you look at the forums for that night you will see a LOT of people complaining about it no matter which browser they used, no matter which account they used, no matter which PC they used.  So I appreciate your fix but just so you know, that was the issue on the night that I reported it. 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation