Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity TV has limited menu options with Honeycomb ( Android 3.2.1) with HTC Flyer

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity TV has limited menu options with Honeycomb ( Android 3.2.1) with HTC Flyer

Xfinity TV app has limited options with Android Honeycomb on my HTC Flyer. There are no options for On Demand, No options to search, to options to change settings, no options for DVR Manager, or no options for TV Control.  I have tablet running ICS (Android  4.0.3) and a phone running Gingerbread (Android 2.35) that DO have these options. 

Attached is a link to the screenshot...

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m291/ecubillan/Misc/28f170cf.png

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity TV has limited menu options with Honeycomb ( Android 3.2.1) with HTC Flye

the only thing you can do with android with comcast is change tv channels.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity TV has limited menu options with Honeycomb ( Android 3.2.1) with HTC Flye

Sorry, your are incorrect. Please read my post. I have 2 other ANDROID devices, a Motorola Xoom running IceCream Sandwich (Android 4.0.3) and a HTC Evo running Gingerbread (Android 2.35). Both devices CAN record channels, search for tv/movies, manage the DVR, etc. The ONLY option my HTC Flyer, running Honeycomb (Android 3.2.1) , is to change the channel.
Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem on my Galaxy tab.  The app seems not to function on 7" tabs.

Networking Expert

The Xfinity.tv app does what is designed to do on my Galaxy Tab 10.1 running Honeycomb. It may be a device compatibility issue with the HTC Flyer....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't work for Comcast...

Help us to help you!!
- respond to requests for info
- post back if your issue is resolved
- mark appropriate posts as solutions

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I have the 10.1 samsung galxay tab and YES the app works.  It does NOT work on my brand new  samsung galxay tab 2 7".  There are other posts about this on the net.  The 7" screen (which only functions in portrait mode on the 7" screen) provides no way to access any options. You get the TV guide but nothing else.  If this was an IPAD the problem would have been fixed in 5 minutes.  Instead, the problem is ignored....and my post about being ignored gets deleted, in 5 minutes!

New Poster

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" as well and have the same issue.  The menu buttons are at the bottom of the screen the first time you run the application, but after the first press of the back button, you can never get them back.  So no TV listings, search, On Demand or settings options.  The same version of the application works fine on my Samsung Galaxy S II running Gingerbread 2.3.6.

If you note Comcasts documentation for the app, they say select the menu button... which does not exist in ICS.  I think they failed to account for that when writing the app... so much for ICS compatibility.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for chiming in.  Once the Comcast engineers look at this, this the app can probably be updated in a matter of minutes.

New Poster

I was able to validate this using a Logitech bluetooth keyboard for Android. It has the home, back and menu buttons on it, and pressing the menu button did bring up the menu on my Galaxy Tab 2. I still can't do it from Tab itself, but the application does function correctly otherwise.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation