Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity TV for X1 vs TV Go

ANSWERED
Contributor

Xfinity TV for X1 vs TV Go

Do I need both of these apps or does one do all the other one does?

I'm sure the answer is already here somewhere but I could not find it.

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Re: Xfinity TV for X1 vs TV Go

If you have an X1 DVR with Cloud DVR enabled on your account, then you would want to use the Xfinity TV app.  It allows you to watch your recordings anywhere you have an internet connection, and all the channels you subscribe to live (while on your home network excluding music channels).

It also lets you watch those recordings and live channels without counting it against your data usage when on your home network.  Watching a recording using a cellular data plan will use data on that cell plan.

The Xfinity TV Go app does not let you watch your recordings from your DVR.  Also, anything you watch through the Xfinity TV Go app counts against your monthly data usage limit.  This is important if you are in a market that has data usage limits.

I think of the Xfinity TV Go app to be a subset of the Xfinity TV app.  Probably not an exact subset, but close enough.

I hope this make sense.

View answer in context
Problem Solver

If you have an X1 DVR with Cloud DVR enabled on your account, then you would want to use the Xfinity TV app.  It allows you to watch your recordings anywhere you have an internet connection, and all the channels you subscribe to live (while on your home network excluding music channels).

It also lets you watch those recordings and live channels without counting it against your data usage when on your home network.  Watching a recording using a cellular data plan will use data on that cell plan.

The Xfinity TV Go app does not let you watch your recordings from your DVR.  Also, anything you watch through the Xfinity TV Go app counts against your monthly data usage limit.  This is important if you are in a market that has data usage limits.

I think of the Xfinity TV Go app to be a subset of the Xfinity TV app.  Probably not an exact subset, but close enough.

I hope this make sense.

Contributor

I spent a few minutes comparing the two and I didn't see anything on TV Go that wasn't available on the X1 app so you have verified what I was thinking.

Thanks again.

Frequent Visitor

How do you enlarge the screen?  I'm watching on a Driod Maxx.  Recordings in SD only fill the center of my screen.  HD recordings fill 100%.  How do I stretch SD recording via the TV GO app to better fill the screen.  I see no option on the screen or in settings.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation