Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity TV (for X1 customers) app won't connect to account

New Poster

Xfinity TV (for X1 customers) app won't connect to account

The Xfinity TV (for X1 customers) app has downloaded on my IPhone 5 fine. I sign in with my current account email and password and then I see Adding Device. The screen that comes up just says Good News! Xfinity TV is now available in your area. Please call to order. I guess I'm just a little confused. All the info I've found online doesn't mention anything about having to register outside of the app. I have the TV Go app and the Remote app and they work fine. Suggestions?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity TV (for X1 customers) app won't connect to account

From what I hear you may need to subscribe to cloud DVR service, and to subscribe to it, you need to have billing add a $0 subscription code to the account

New Poster

Well that would make sense then, I was wondering if there was something you have to subscribe to. At first, I thought the cloud was an additional service but didn't find anything that actually indicated that. I'll just have to contact billing. Smiley Sad

Contributor

John3758 wrote:

From what I hear you may need to subscribe to cloud DVR service, and to subscribe to it, you need to have billing add a $0 subscription code to the account

Can I do that from my Account Online. I have been trying to get this Xfinity TV app to work for ages and only answers I got was that it is only in select areas.

But...

Now that we have the Xfinity Network Home Hotspot feature turned on I thought that was in part what we were waiting for so I have been trying again with no luck. i could be wrong and they could be different things, but if so then what in the world is taking them so long to give it to use in other areas? I really could use this feature as I travel a lot and yet I can not set it up. It just does not seem right that I am paying for Xfinity features and yet not geting the full set of features that we are offered with it. It is sort of disapointing me. This one feature was one of the reasons why I decided to upgrade to Xfinity from my lower end comcast pacakge and yet I can not even get it to work. Very disapointing. Smiley Sad

Official Employee

VectorRoll wrote:

John3758 wrote:

Can I do that from my Account Online. I have been trying to get this Xfinity TV app to work for ages and only answers I got was that it is only in select areas.

But...

Now that we have the Xfinity Network Home Hotspot feature turned on I thought that was in part what we were waiting for so I have been trying again with no luck. i could be wrong and they could be different things, but if so then what in the world is taking them so long to give it to use in other areas? I really could use this feature as I travel a lot and yet I can not set it up. It just does not seem right that I am paying for Xfinity features and yet not geting the full set of features that we are offered with it. It is sort of disapointing me. This one feature was one of the reasons why I decided to upgrade to Xfinity from my lower end comcast pacakge and yet I can not even get it to work. Very disapointing. Smiley Sad

You need proper codes on your account to activate the cloud features.   You can conact online chat to have the codes added. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation