Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity TV cloud app doesnt recognize my recordings.

New Poster

Xfinity TV cloud app doesnt recognize my recordings.

This app connects to my home network and plays live tv perfectly fine. It however does not seem to recognize any recordings in my DVR cloud. I would love to download some shows to my Android phone and take them to watch on my way to work, but i dont even have the ability to select a show and download it to my phone. Any help is much appreciated.

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity TV cloud app doesnt recognize my recordings.

Give it a shot now.. I refreshed your account and you should now start to see recordings show up on your phone and computer.   We also just released a new version of the app on Monday so you can watch your recordings on any wifi or mobile network.  You do not have to be in the home anymore to stream or download completed recordings. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I have the same exact issue with my Ipad and Iphone. Cannot see 95% of recordings that are on my DVR on my phone. I therefore cannot download to go what my phone is insisting does not exist. Please help!
Official Employee

Are you still seeing this issue?  As a reminder, you will only see cloud recordings once you have accepted the terms and conditions.  Any recordings prior to that date will not be available on mobile devices. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

ComcastChad wrote:

Are you still seeing this issue?  As a reminder, you will only see cloud recordings once you have accepted the terms and conditions.  Any recordings prior to that date will not be available on mobile devices. 

Our system shows you accepeted the terms and conditions on Sept 13, which would explain why you arent seeing all your clou recordings.   Do you only see recorings since Sat, Sept 13?

Frequent Visitor

That's because I deleted and reinstalled the app. So everything worked fine from the 13th through last night, when the issue all of a sudden happened again. So it has nothing to do with not accepting terms and conditions. Especially since it was working when the app was initially installed a month ago. Please do not tell me that I was too dumb to accept terms and conditions and that's why the app doesn't work. I have had it up to here and my next call is to cancel. Been waiting for almost 2 weeks for calls from level 2 service on multiple issues.
Official Employee

Makunc3 wrote:
That's because I deleted and reinstalled the app. So everything worked fine from the 13th through last night, when the issue all of a sudden happened again. So it has nothing to do with not accepting terms and conditions. Especially since it was working when the app was initially installed a month ago. Please do not tell me that I was too dumb to accept terms and conditions and that's why the app doesn't work. I have had it up to here and my next call is to cancel. Been waiting for almost 2 weeks for calls from level 2 service on multiple issues.

Are you able to playback the recorings on your X1 set top boxes? Do you see the recordings on the app but just cant play them or they are missing from the app completely?

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I am able to play back the recordings on my main box, and I have had the problem for the last 2 weeks or so that I cannot play back the recordings on the other cloud boxes.  Still haven't heard from Comcast about that "little" issue either.  The two have nothing to do with each other because even when I couldn't view the recordings in my bedroom, they appeared on the App.  Now all of a sudden, they don't appear anymore as of last night.

Official Employee

Makunc3 wrote:

I am able to play back the recordings on my main box, and I have had the problem for the last 2 weeks or so that I cannot play back the recordings on the other cloud boxes.  Still haven't heard from Comcast about that "little" issue either.  The two have nothing to do with each other because even when I couldn't view the recordings in my bedroom, they appeared on the App.  Now all of a sudden, they don't appear anymore as of last night.

When you say cloud boxes, do you mean your terminal devices? Are there specefic error codes you are seeing; ie.  XRE-00119?

There was an issue with cloud recordings in the NJ area the last couple days, which is why your probably seeing the issues with the app.   

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

No, I am not seeing any issues with playback of recordings on the APP.  I mean that I have an X1 main box, lets call it the Living Room Box, and 2 other boxes, which are in the Bedroom and the Basement.  Both those boxes, when you go to the "Recordings Page" state that they are "Unable to Play Living Room Recordings" . . . no error code, just that.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation