Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity TV app

New Poster

Xfinity TV app

I just upgraded my android to lollipop 5. 0. 2 and my Xfinity TV app in XFINITY TV to Go app crash every time on opening. I have uninstalled deleted the cookies and reinstalled both apps and still having the same problem. is there a fix for this?

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity TV app

freakshowjay69 wrote:

I just upgraded my android to lollipop 5. 0. 2 and my Xfinity TV app in XFINITY TV to Go app crash every time on opening. I have uninstalled deleted the cookies and reinstalled both apps and still having the same problem. is there a fix for this?

What device are you using? Samsung?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

I'm running lollipop on a samsung galaxy s5 phone and my xfinity tv app runs. The only problem with it is that it spends more time buffering than actually watching tv. Video will play for about 15 seconds then it buffers for over a minute then you get about 15 seconds of video again then buffering and so on and so on. Same deal when trying to watch dvr content.

The app works fine for scheduling programs to record but it just don't work for actually watching tv. Yet another service Comcast promises and doesn't deliver on.

And yes, I am at home, connected to my comcast modem via Wi-Fi. It's had no problem recognizing that I am at home. My upload and download speeds on the cell phone when connected via Wi-Fi are excellent so it's not a bad connection. It's either the tv app or the server is streaming from that sucks.

New Poster

Yes. I am using a Samsung Galaxy tablet. The app worked great until I upgraded to 5.0.2.

Service Expert

Maybe you should go here:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Mobile-Apps/bd-p/TVmobileapp

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

freakshowjay69 wrote:

Yes. I am using a Samsung Galaxy tablet. The app worked great until I upgraded to 5.0.2.

Ok, this is a known issue we are workign on.. Waiting on a fix before we can update the app.. Should be within the next two weeks.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Thank you for letting me know.

New Poster

Similiar thing happens on my HTC One M9 on 5.0.2.  App connects, prepares for playback, and then quits and returns to the select page.  Nothing actually streams or downloads.

Regular Visitor

I also have a samsung tablet on 5.0.2 and my app shuts down only after i download a few programs. The download is successful but i open the app back up,  and it just closes right away. I clear the cache on the app and then it works fine again. i wanted to watch the downloaded programs on my flight tomorrow but i guess that won't be happening 😯

New Poster

This is why people cancel Comcast and get Netflix. I rarely have problems with the Netflix app, but the Comcast TV app, which I got X-1 for, doesn't work when I want it to. Needless connection requirements and poor coding causing faults. Not like you don't have the money to fix it. Hire or contract the talent and fix it or there will be more cancellations.

New Poster

Issue seems to be fixed on my HTC M9 with new release 2.4.4.012.  Check it out.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 7 in conversation