Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity TV app stopped changing channels

New Poster

Xfinity TV app stopped changing channels

This app has been working perfectly to control my cable box as a remote control all week. This morning I tried to use it and it is not working. It loads up just fine and when I click a channel it appears to be sending a signal, but the cable box does not respond it stays on the same channel. I have tried opening the app on my android, my wife’s Iphone, and my ipad2 and get the same result with all of the devices. Are there any suggestions on how to fix this?

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity TV app stopped changing channels

EasyEd77 wrote:

This app has been working perfectly to control my cable box as a remote control all week. This morning I tried to use it and it is not working. It loads up just fine and when I click a channel it appears to be sending a signal, but the cable box does not respond it stays on the same channel. I have tried opening the app on my android, my wife’s Iphone, and my ipad2 and get the same result with all of the devices. Are there any suggestions on how to fix this?

Do you have any other eligible boxes? If so, can you use the app on them? If not, try resetting your box and then try again.

Note: if you reset your box, it may take some time to fully re-populate. I suggest, if you can wait, that your unplug the box, wait 2-3 minutes, and plug it back in right before bed or going out. 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I have two boxes and the app is not working for either box.  I will try unplugging and reset the box tonight.

New Poster

I finaly called comcast and there is something wrong with my connection that is not allowing my mobile devices or computers to comunicate with my cable box.  It is going to take them 24-72 hours to resolve the issue.  I am not sure what changed since yesterday, everything was working fine...

New Poster

I have the same problem - started today.

Can not change the channel via PC nor via Android App.

The problem is going up the chain to get resolved.

P.S. I really like reading the tv guide on the smart phone and using it like a remote control.  It is a very nice feature.

New Poster

Well, it was fixed late last night.

I had been messing on my PC with all the settings.

Changed the name of the box to be "livingroom" and turned off and back on the remote tv setting.

Not sure if I fixed it, or if Comcast fixed it from their offices.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation