Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity TV app problems

Contributor

Xfinity TV app problems

I live in the Central NJ area and I've had X1 for over a year.  The Xfinity TV app has never worked properly on my Nexus 7 (2012 edition).  I have these problems:

1) Under Saved Recordings, the list of DVR recordings is incorrect.  There are old episodes of shows that I've erased long ago.  There are also episodes on my DVR that don't appear on my tablet.

2) Taking recordings to go rarely works.  Most of the time, I get an error message while downloading and I can never finish the download (even though I have a strong wifi signal in my home).  When I do manage to download a recording, I can rarely play it due to errors.  If I manage to download multiple recordings, I can only play the first one because when I try to play the second one, the first one plays anyway.  I stopped using this feature because life is too short to endure the frustration.

3) It's annoying that a random channel starts playing when the app is launched (thereby causing it to take longer to open).  It's also annoying that the app goes back to the live TV screen when trying to exit.  In other words, it takes two clicks of the back button to exit that app.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation