Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity TV app not showing any recordings

New Poster

Xfinity TV app not showing any recordings

Hi,
I just got my xfinity setup done yesterday afternoon in my home. I wanted to make use of the DVR on the go option using xfinity TV app. so I recorded few shows and tried to access it thru my iOS app. But no shows gets listed under "saved-recordings" section. When I go to TV, it does show the recordings. I also see a fine print in gray..."not available for mobile viewing". Why is that??
In all the places under xfinity FAQ, it has been advertised as any recordings can be on the go. But that doesn't look like a true statement. Please advise. If this issue is not resolved in 2 weeks, Iam cancelling my subscriptions.
Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity TV app not showing any recordings

The "not available for mobile viewing" message is a bug in Comcast's system that they won't admit is a problem.  I've had this issue on and off for months, even had it escalated to their Tier 3 group known as ACES.  They did nothing for me.  The engineers told the Tier 3 rep the problem was mine for not scheduling the show as a series recording, instead of a one time recording, which caused the recording to have an entitlement issue.  But that's not a bug. I laughed at the guy but was powerless to do anything about it.

For the month of October I made almost 240 recordings out of which about 40 didn't record to the cloud due to the "not available for mobile viewing" bug, yet Comcast said it was my issue.

The only thing I can tell you is check your recording schedule for any shows listed with the "not available for mobile viewing" message.  If you see any in the schedule with that message, use the app to reschedule them, and the message will miraculously disappear.  But remember, it's not a BUG according to Comcast.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation