Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity TV app doesn't work

Regular Contributor

Xfinity TV app doesn't work

I sign is via my iPad (at home) it says "adding device" and then a screen pops up telling me the service is available in my area and I should call to get connected.
I called customer service 5x and each time the person said I needed to speak to a different department. Why does nothing ever work with Comcast???
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity TV app doesn't work

sperling3920 wrote:
I sign is via my iPad (at home) it says "adding device" and then a screen pops up telling me the service is available in my area and I should call to get connected.
I called customer service 5x and each time the person said I needed to speak to a different department. Why does nothing ever work with Comcast???

Please try the app now

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Ok,app now works but it says I have no recordings on my DVR. I do have recordings on my DVR so am confused. Will this work on all my devices now? I'm on my home network so will need to test it on my iPhone when I am not home. Thank you for at least getting the app to workSmiley Happy
Official Employee

You will only see newly recorded shows on the app, try scheduling from the phone now. Your recorifngs on the dvr are not in the cloud. Only recordings once the cloud feature has been activated

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Contributor

I now see recordings from months ago that have been deleted and no longer show up on my DVR. So odd. It gives me the option to watch, take to go etc. Did something need to be done to activate this app? It works just fine (not sure why so many poor reviews).
New Poster

I am having the same problem.  I opened two trouble tickets and Comcast support is non-responsive.  What was the solution? Tried from my computer and from an iPhone 6 and an iPhone 5c.

Official Employee

bobk1 wrote:

I am having the same problem.  I opened two trouble tickets and Comcast support is non-responsive.  What was the solution? Tried from my computer and from an iPhone 6 and an iPhone 5c.

Can you try now, your accont was missing the proper codes to activate cloud dvr service. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I am able to connect now Chad. This is great. Thanks very much Chad.
New Poster

I am also having trouble using the xfinity TV app.  the tv go app works fine, but not the TV app. I keeps coming up with registering device, then freezes up.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling a couple of times. 

Thanks,

JP

Frequent Visitor

I have a samsung 10.1 pro tablet which doesn't allow me to watch downloaded shows when I go off line. I know this is a common problem as I've seen posts on this before. Is there any solution to this problem?

New Poster

I keep getting same error trying to connect to X1 on both my iPad and Samsung Galaxy S 5.
Official Employee

What error are you getting?

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I am using the TV remote app as the X1 app is not available for me. I can change channels but get an error when I try and set a recording on my DVR. The error says an unknown error occurred. Help!
New Poster

On both devices it'll start with the addind device screen, then kick out to good news xfinity tv is no available, etc. please call, or try again. There is also a switch account option. Or wait 24 hours, but we've had X1 for about a year now.
New Poster

Is there an updated list of which smart tv's work with the Xfinity ap?  the website just says "some samsung tv's" but comments are that they don't.   I don't want to spend a bunch of money on a tv and find out it says it does but doesn't.  

Official Employee

Please call to have the cloud codes added

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

The TV app for X1 customers is not available on smart TVs.. Just Apple and android devices. We have an on demand app that only works on 2012 Samsung smart tv

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

unable to get TV app to work on any device. Screen says addind device screen, then kick out to good news xfinity tv is no available, etc. please call, or try again. There is also a switch account option. I've contacted customer service and vp of customer service and no one knows what issue is or how to resolve it. Please help
Regular Visitor

I am having the exact same issue with trying to get this app working for my account.  I have been transfered between billing, internet support, xfinity support and I keep telling them i need the rate code for cloud.  No one has been able to fix this issue for me yet.  The suggested I post back on the forum and ask for the specific rate code so they can add it. 

Please help!!

New Poster

Hi,

This same exact issue is napping to me as well. Please fix this if you can, Chad, as you did with the original poster.

Thanks!
Official Employee

Bigpimping wrote:
unable to get TV app to work on any device. Screen says addind device screen, then kick out to good news xfinity tv is no available, etc. please call, or try again. There is also a switch account option. I've contacted customer service and vp of customer service and no one knows what issue is or how to resolve it. Please help

I sent your info over to the local support teams to get the cloud dvr codes added to your account.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

eandrews19 wrote:

I am having the exact same issue with trying to get this app working for my account.  I have been transfered between billing, internet support, xfinity support and I keep telling them i need the rate code for cloud.  No one has been able to fix this issue for me yet.  The suggested I post back on the forum and ask for the specific rate code so they can add it. 

Please help!!

Someone should be reaching out to you shortly. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

Camaro323 wrote:
Hi,

This same exact issue is napping to me as well. Please fix this if you can, Chad, as you did with the original poster.

Thanks!

Someone should be reaching out to you shortly 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I have a samsung 10.1 pro tablet which doesn't allow me to watch downloaded shows when I go off line. I know this is a common problem as I've seen posts on this before. Is there any solution to this problem?

New Poster

It keeps telling me that there is an unknow issue. what should I do?

Frequent Visitor

Chad, can't get cloud codes added as told it's not available for me but since I have X1 I can't get the TV remote app to record a show. Would like one or the other to work. Ideas?
New Poster

I am having a similar problem. The xfinity TV app actually worked for me for a day or so, but not it says that this service is not available in my area. What's the deal
New Poster

I am having the exact same issue and they have opened a ticket for tier 2 support to call me back and they tell me I have X1 DVR services with cloud technology. Please help!

Official Employee

Paulvr54 wrote:
Chad, can't get cloud codes added as told it's not available for me but since I have X1 I can't get the TV remote app to record a show. Would like one or the other to work. Ideas?

Its not availbable yet in your area.. What device are you using the TV remote on? apple or android.. did you try online at http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings  

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

Tap32 wrote:
I am having a similar problem. The xfinity TV app actually worked for me for a day or so, but not it says that this service is not available in my area. What's the deal

Looks like there was a recent change to your account and the proper codes were not added back. I have asked your local support teams to contact you and resolve your issue. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

huskerfan1022 wrote:

I am having the exact same issue and they have opened a ticket for tier 2 support to call me back and they tell me I have X1 DVR services with cloud technology. Please help!

Can you try again and see if your able to live stream while in the home?  You shouldn't be getting the out of home message. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Same problem!!! Highly frustrating!! iPad xfinityTV app is working, then suddenly without rhyme or reason NOT!! My X1 DVR has recorded programs I've been watching on the go and, suddenly, I launch the app and only recordings from the current day forward are showing up. PLEASE fix this -- I see in other posts that there have been issues with cloud settings not properly configured on the account. Perhaps this would apply to my case. Since upgrading (?) to x1, I've had no less than 3 tickets opened with Comcast National Tech Support and waited for technicians to come to my home, yet problems persist. It's disgraceful that people have to pay for sub par service. Please take care of this!!!
New Poster

My app doesn't work either. I can access all of the DVR recordings but none of them will play.
Frequent Visitor

Chad, it always has worked on line.  I think that perhaps the latest update to the TV remote app has fixed the problem using IOS but havent tested it out of the house yet.   I must say after recently signing up for Comcast TV I'm disappointed that cloud service is not available in the scheduled future although given the issues I see here.........

ComcastChad wrote:

Paulvr54 wrote:

Its not availbable yet in your area.. What device are you using the TV remote on? apple or android.. did you try online at http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings  

ComcastChad wrote:

Paulvr54 wrote:

New Poster

App says service not available in my area. Please assist.
Regular Visitor

I called Comcast for another problem (which wasn't fixed) and the rep told me he was going to activate the cloud service. As instructed, I waited a while, reinstalled the app, rebooted the box. I fired up the app and it was the same as before. No menu items for saved DVR programs or anything like that. Under the "saved" menu the only item is "for you". I never got the "Terms Of Activation" screen. I caled support. After being bounced around three times I was connected to trhe appropriate person. Whilevery pleasant, new nothing about the app or the problem I was experiencing. After close to an hour on the phone, mostly on hold, the answer to the problem was I hadn't recorded anything since being activated. She was sure that was the answer. recorded stuff. Still not working. She said it would be kicked up to tier 2 support and somebody would be calling within 24 hours. Hah, no call.

Regular Contributor

Do you live in an area that Cloud DVR is available? 

Official Employee

Clarkew wrote:

I called Comcast for another problem (which wasn't fixed) and the rep told me he was going to activate the cloud service. As instructed, I waited a while, reinstalled the app, rebooted the box. I fired up the app and it was the same as before. No menu items for saved DVR programs or anything like that. Under the "saved" menu the only item is "for you". I never got the "Terms Of Activation" screen. I caled support. After being bounced around three times I was connected to trhe appropriate person. Whilevery pleasant, new nothing about the app or the problem I was experiencing. After close to an hour on the phone, mostly on hold, the answer to the problem was I hadn't recorded anything since being activated. She was sure that was the answer. recorded stuff. Still not working. She said it would be kicked up to tier 2 support and somebody would be calling within 24 hours. Hah, no call.

Your account is set up correctly and i see cloud dvr recording's on your account, are you still seeing this issue?

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Trust me, it's much more frustrating to be told month after month you're not in a cloud supported area with no clue on when that will change " but keep checking back cause we are rolling out more areas".
Regular Visitor

Thank You:

Yes, after another call it is fixed. It was not activated properly.

Regular Visitor

I have had the exact same problem as  with Xfinity TV app. I have an iPhone 6 with iOS 9.1. My service is Sprint.

I can go to my son's house and log into his account and it works fine. When I get home I geat and use his account it say that I am away from my network. That makes sense. So when I sing into my account I get nothing. I have had an error code 13001 sometimes that no one seem to anything about.

I have rebooted,reinstalled so many times I lost count. Please Help!!!!! Me someone.

All my other Xfinity apps work fine.

Tags (1)
IMG_7998.PNG
Official Employee

phatcat213 wrote:

I have had the exact same problem as  with Xfinity TV app. I have an iPhone 6 with iOS 9.1. My service is Sprint.

I can go to my son's house and log into his account and it works fine. When I get home I geat and use his account it say that I am away from my network. That makes sense. So when I sing into my account I get nothing. I have had an error code 13001 sometimes that no one seem to anything about.

I have rebooted,reinstalled so many times I lost count. Please Help!!!!! Me someone.

All my other Xfinity apps work fine.

Your account was missign the cloud DVR rate codes, i have asked someone from your local Care teams to reach out to you and to try and resolve. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

Actually I thought she said Streaming but either way I just got off the phone with the best phone tech I have ever talked too.
Thanks X1 Girl and ComcastChad.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats