Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity TV app doesn't return the shows individually, has to return all shows at once

Contributor

Xfinity TV app doesn't return the shows individually, has to return all shows at once

The Xfininity TV app, the app used to download tv shows from the cloud doesn't work correctly. You can download 10 shows maximum at a time, but after I watch a show and return it to the TV, they don't always return.  Then instead of allowing 10 shows to download, it allows less than 10. The only way to return the shows in order to get 10 shows again, you have to go into the settings and go into manage devices and then click on "return all shows" on that device. Then I have to start over at zero shows and download them again. And it takes quite awhile to download the shows. Please fix it so when I click on each show individually, it will return them one at a time. It's a major inconvenience to clear all the shows and have to redownload 8 shows (that were already on the device) just so I can get the app to allow me to get 10 shows on the device. Will Comcast ever get it to work the way it is supposed to?

Service Expert

Re: Xfinity TV app doesn't return the shows individually, has to return all shows at once

Eazydeazy wrote:

The Xfininity TV app, the app used to download tv shows from the cloud doesn't work correctly. You can download 10 shows maximum at a time, but after I watch a show and return it to the TV, they don't always return.  Then instead of allowing 10 shows to download, it allows less than 10. The only way to return the shows in order to get 10 shows again, you have to go into the settings and go into manage devices and then click on "return all shows" on that device. Then I have to start over at zero shows and download them again. And it takes quite awhile to download the shows. Please fix it so when I click on each show individually, it will return them one at a time. It's a major inconvenience to clear all the shows and have to redownload 8 shows (that were already on the device) just so I can get the app to allow me to get 10 shows on the device. Will Comcast ever get it to work the way it is supposed to?

it is a maximum (depends on memory available to store the recordings) not a minimum.. 

when you play a recording or advance it to the end, the menu will offer to return the recording.

you can also bring up a list of the recordings and select it on the device it is downloaded and select 'return'. another way is to bring up a list of download recordings and swipe 'left' on any single recording to return just that recording (select return).

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation