Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity TV Website Updates and Complaints

Problem Solver

Xfinity TV Website Updates and Complaints

I see sometime yesterday Comcast pushed a new version of the Xfinity TV Website (https://tv.xfinity.com/).

XTV.jpg

Is this suppose to be an improvement? Do we really now need 2 menu bars at the top? That is just kind of ridiculous, and it takes up extra space on the webpage.

Instead of making these useless visual updates, how about some real useful updates, such as making the guide have favorites so I don't have to sort through 100's of useless channels. How about also making the guide show more than 2 hours at one time? Maybe even adding a visual scheduled recording reminder on individual shows in the guide so I don't have to click it in order to see if a recording is scheduled or not. Now that might be progress.

Service Expert

Re: Xfinity TV Website Updates and Complaints

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

I see sometime yesterday Comcast pushed a new version of the Xfinity TV Website (https://tv.xfinity.com/).

XTV.jpg

Is this suppose to be an improvement? Do we really now need 2 menu bars at the top? That is just kind of ridiculous, and it takes up extra space on the webpage.

Instead of making these useless visual updates, how about some real useful updates, such as making the guide have favorites so I don't have to sort through 100's of useless channels. How about also making the guide show more than 2 hours at one time? Maybe even adding a visual scheduled recording reminder on individual shows in the guide so I don't have to click it in order to see if a recording is scheduled or not. Now that might be progress.

Do you see that blue box to the far right?  Click on the icon to the right of it.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Robert, what is your point? All that does is put everything in a list view instead of grid with icons. That has been that way for a long time. It doesn't solve any of the complaints I listed.

RobertWy wrote:

Do you see that blue box to the far right?  Click on the icon to the right of it.

Problem Solver

Useless piece of tv website...

I've been to this site before, and never had to NAME MY DEVICE.   I don't want to name my device.  Why do I have to?  And what device are they talking about.   I can't get beyond that sign in page.  So I'll keep using the  .net site for tv and when that becomes unavailable, I'll be using  http://www.zap2it.com for all my tv needs.  

My eyes CANNOT tolerate the black ground with white printing.  Bad news there,   also as HowAboutThis mentioned, a 2 hour grid is backwards from the current grid..  

ciao, bj

Problem Solver

You have to name your device (i.e. computer browser, tablet, phone) because the site only lets you stream from a set number of devices simultaneously. I say computer browser, and not just computer, because each browser instance counts as a device connection.

BlueJay wrote:

Useless piece of tv website...

I've been to this site before, and never had to NAME MY DEVICE.   I don't want to name my device.  Why do I have to?  And what device are they talking about.   I can't get beyond that sign in page.  So I'll keep using the  .net site for tv and when that becomes unavailable, I'll be using  http://www.zap2it.com for all my tv needs.  

My eyes CANNOT tolerate the black ground with white printing.  Bad news there,   also as HowAboutThis mentioned, a 2 hour grid is backwards from the current grid..  

ciao, bj

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation