New to the Community? Start here.
I tried to watch a show on my Mac tonight, and I learned that I need to install Silverlight. I'd always thought Silverlight was for Windows machines, but we live and learn. My concern: Will Silverlight work with Mac OS X Lion (the recently released Mac OS)? I've already learned that Norton security software offered by Comcast will not yet work with my OS. Anybody got a line on this stuff?
Solved! Go to solution
Silverlight is a Microsoft product but is compatible with Macs. Please install Silverlight and see if the video plays.
If the video does not play, please let me know so I can further assist you.
Silverlight and Mac 10.7 are compatible.
hey why the exfinity tv does not work on my mac OS X version 10.6.8 . it tells me to install some plug ins for my silwerlight, and i did. still doesn't work. do you have any conserns?
I chatted live with someone named ChristyL at Comcast's help site. I followed her instructions, and everything went smoothly. Here's what she told me:
1. Navigate to the "Get Microsoft Silverlight" page on the Microsoft website. Click the "System Requirements" tab to verify that your Mac operating system and browser supports Silverlight.
2. Click "Install For Macintosh" under Direct Download links and wait for the installer to finish downloading. For Firefox users, click "Save File" in the pop-up dialog box.
3. Double-click on the Silverlight file in your Downloads list, then double-click "Silverlight.pkg" to start the installation.
4. Click "Continue" when the warning pops up that this package contains a program, and "Continue" again at the Microsoft Silverlight Introduction page.
5. Click "Continue" on the License page, then "Agree." Select your destination for the software and click "Continue." On the Installation page, click "Install."
6. Type your password into dialog box for authentication, then click "OK."
7. Click "Close" when the installer finishes and restart your browser.
My Mac downloaded the Silverlight file and placed an icon on my desktop. I double-clicked that icon, and the package launched and installed. I did not have to restart my browser. I hope this helps.
Xfinity Forum Archive...
This is an archived section of the community.
Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.
This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.
Post your questions in the Xfinity Community
Alerts are an easy, quick way to manage your account and get information - like payment confirmations and your current balance.