Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity TV -- Saved -- For You -- clear Recently Watched & Recent Channels?

Regular Contributor

Xfinity TV -- Saved -- For You -- clear Recently Watched & Recent Channels?

Surely there is a way to clear (or Edit) these lists.  What am I missing?  Mainly interested in the ability to clear the "Recent Channels" list under For You.  I'm referring to the iOS version of the Xfinity TV app.

Regular Contributor

Re: Xfinity TV -- Saved -- For You -- clear Recently Watched & Recent Channels?

Guess I'll bump this once.  Would someone kindly confirm or tell me what I'm missing?  I can't believe that the Recent Channels list can't be edited or cleared.  If not, is this list maintained forever?  Again, I'm referring to the Xfinity TV (cloud) app, not Xfinity TV GO.  Thanks.

Problem Solver

I noticed this as well.  On the web version of Xfinity TV (https://tv.xfinity.com/foryou), the "Recent Channels" list only shows the channels for that browser instance.  In other words, if I open the Xfinity TV portal in a different browser on the same computer, it will only show the recent channels that were watched on that browser, therefore the list is maintained separately for each browser instance. It looks like it works the same way on the Xfinity TV app.  Still there is no easy "Click here to clear Recent Channels" link.  I do see the list clears if I physically log out of the Xfinity TV portal.  When I log back in, the "Recent Channels" list is gone.

It might work the same way on the Xfinity TV app.  I haven't tried it on the app since it is more of a pain logging in on the app, especially when using long, convoluted passwords.

Regular Contributor

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

I noticed this as well.  On the web version of Xfinity TV (https://tv.xfinity.com/foryou), the "Recent Channels" list only shows the channels for that browser instance.  In other words, if I open the Xfinity TV portal in a different browser on the same computer, it will only show the recent channels that were watched on that browser, therefore the list is maintained separately for each browser instance. It looks like it works the same way on the Xfinity TV app.  Still there is no easy "Click here to clear Recent Channels" link.  I do see the list clears if I physically log out of the Xfinity TV portal.  When I log back in, the "Recent Channels" list is gone.

It might work the same way on the Xfinity TV app.  I haven't tried it on the app since it is more of a pain logging in on the app, especially when using long, convoluted passwords.

Thanks, appreciate your input.  I just launched the Xfinity TV app and Signed Out (which actually unregistered my tablet).  After I re-launched the app and logged back in (which re-registered my tablet), the Recent Channels list was indeed clear.  Soooo, at least there's a brute force method to clear the recent channels, even though I had to reset my Filters, etc.  Note that the Recently Watched list was NOT cleared by signing out.  Would appreciate input from a Comcast employee to let us know if there are any plans to introduce a method to Edit or Clear either (or both) of these lists.

Problem Solver

The "Recently Watched" list works opposite to the "Recent Channels".  It is shared across all instances of the Xfinity TV web portal, app and X1 boxes.  It works this way so you can stop playback of a recording/OnDemand program on one device and pick it up on another in exactly the same spot.  Usually if you stop an asset before it finishes it will stay in the "Recently Watched" list, for example watching a movie and exiting before the credits finish.  I find nothing of mine stays in the "Recently Watched" list as long as I forward to the exact end of the asset.  Once that occurs, it is gone from "Recently Watched".

Regular Contributor

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

The "Recently Watched" list works opposite to the "Recent Channels".  It is shared across all instances of the Xfinity TV web portal, app and X1 boxes.  It works this way so you can stop playback of a recording/OnDemand program on one device and pick it up on another in exactly the same spot.  Usually if you stop an asset before it finishes it will stay in the "Recently Watched" list, for example watching a movie and exiting before the credits finish.  I find nothing of mine stays in the "Recently Watched" list as long as I forward to the exact end of the asset.  Once that occurs, it is gone from "Recently Watched".

Good deal.  Yes, having just recently installed the Xfinity TV (for cloud users) app on my iPad, I really appreciate the fact that the progress marker is shared between the app and on my DVR (and likely on web portal too).  I've also noticed that if, on the DVR, I select Mark Unwatched on a program that I haven't finished viewing, it will also be removed from the "Recently Watched" list (in app and on DVR). Smiley Wink

Regular Contributor

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

Trouble is ... there are others in my household who don't always (ever) do this, resulting in numerous rogue entries on all devices that I can't get rid of.  Feel strongly that there should be an option, somewhere, that allows us to at least clear individual entries in the Recently Watched list.  Anyone from Comcast care to comment?

New Poster

yes please, someone look into this. There is not a day in which I do not fill the Feedback form complaining about the Recently Watched feature. I do not want it. I do not want to broadcast my viewing habits to the entire house.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation