Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity TV Remote not working

New Poster

Xfinity TV Remote not working

Does anyone have an Xfinity TV remote that works on their iphone? Been out a few days now. Called tech support and got the runaround, chatted with someone who said it's a known issue and they're working on it.  I was giving a reference # saying they opened up a ticket to look into it.

The app says I have "no eligible TV's" and the Watch TV button is grayed out so I can't change the channels. All of the listings are there, just can't change channels and that"s sorta the point of the app. I've deleted and reinstalled the app. unplugged the cable box, signed out and back in, etc.

The Xfinity TV Player app works fine...

Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity TV Remote not working

I have the exact same problem, I can't control my DVR with my remote apps with Ipad, Android or computer.  It says they can't detect a compatible DVR.  Worked fine until about 3 days ago.  Tried calling but gave up after 30 minutes on hold.

Frequent Visitor

Yes. I'm having the same problem on all my Xfinity mobile devices - ipad, iphone and PC. Over the last few days, I went from being locked out  (that dang orange key) on programs/networks claiming I had to upgrade my subscription where I spent hours on the phone, and chat trying to get that resolved  to now not having my HD DVR recognized.

Beyond frustrated. 

Frequent Visitor

My iphone app xfinity TV remote has workded fine, I uninstall app and reinstalled app now it says my DVR's are not eligible, WHAT? never had a problem been on the phone with tech from Comcast and he said he would work on the problem and get back to me.  I thought I was the only one having this problem. The app stopped working on November 7th.

New Poster

I am having the same problem for the past month. I have called several times. One 'technician" even tried to tell me that I had to be using Wi-Fi for my app to work. I logged out, and now I cannot even log in to the app - I get an error message "request error - an unknown error has occurred during this request. Please try again."  When I try to schedule my DVR using my laptop, I get a message that states "DVR scheduling is available in your area, but there are no DVRs associated with your account." Actually, since I have returned 2 faulty DVRs in the last 3 years, my account shows that I have 3 DVRs in the equipment list. For a while, there were no DVRs showing up, so I am hopeful that this will be fixed soon, but none of my last 3 phone calls has produced any fix.

Frequent Visitor

My problem has been solved. I was passed to National techican and Nate has fixed the app. Working fine now.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation