Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity TV Remote app vs Xfinity Player?

Regular Contributor

Xfinity TV Remote app vs Xfinity Player?

What is the difference between these two apps? Also, my OnDemand on the TV seems to have more than I can play on the app. Example, I see a TV show available to watch on my TV OnDemand, but not on the app?

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity TV Remote app vs Xfinity Player?

the remote lets you download shows and watch them where there is no wifi, the shows are different because licensing for your tv is different than licensing for mobile devices.. 

Regular Contributor

Thank you! You are always quick on the response.

Official Employee

tstevensufl96 wrote:

What is the difference between these two apps? Also, my OnDemand on the TV seems to have more than I can play on the app. Example, I see a TV show available to watch on my TV OnDemand, but not on the app?

"What is the difference between these two apps?" - The XFINITY TV Remote App is mostly used for managing and setting your DVR recordings, browsing TV and On Demand listings, and controlling your cable box.

The XFINITY TV Player App is used to watch streaming and downloadable content on your device.

Go here to learn more:

http://xfinity.comcast.net/learn/mobile-apps

"my OnDemand on the TV seems to have more than I can play on the app." - Some content we are allowed to show online that the content owners don't allow yet on tablets and other devices and vice versa.

Our content team is working with partners everyday trying to get more content available on all devices.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Thank you ComcastJoe. I am not yet able to control myDVR remotely. I have SA DVR model 8300. I am hoping in the next few months that this DVR will be compatible. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

On another note, I have a technician/contractor coming to my home tomorrow for a service call. I am having AnyPlay installed. I am also thinking about adding AnyRoom DVR. I have one TV with a HD DVR, one with a digital converter and one with a DTA. I am thinking about switching the HD DVR to AnyRoom DVR and putting a satillite box on the digital converter tv. Do the technician/contractors usually carry extra equipment with them?

Regular Contributor

Oh boy. Some kudoed an answer that is so wrong.

kudo rog.PNG

Official Employee

tstevensufl96 wrote:

Thank you ComcastJoe. I am not yet able to control myDVR remotely. I have SA DVR model 8300. I am hoping in the next few months that this DVR will be compatible. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

On another note, I have a technician/contractor coming to my home tomorrow for a service call. I am having AnyPlay installed. I am also thinking about adding AnyRoom DVR. I have one TV with a HD DVR, one with a digital converter and one with a DTA. I am thinking about switching the HD DVR to AnyRoom DVR and putting a satillite box on the digital converter tv. Do the technician/contractors usually carry extra equipment with them?

It varies what equipment they have available on them. Talk to the technician about your plan to switch to AnyRoomDVR; they are more knowledgeable about the process than I am.

If you still have questions after the tech leaves, please feel free to reach out to me.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation