Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity TV Remote Control - Fixed

New Poster

Xfinity TV Remote Control - Fixed

I got a hold of the right person on the online chat and they were able to correct it.  Thanks.  - FIXED

Hello,

I have been trying to get the remote control tunning to work correctly with my Ipad/Iphone for the cable box I have upstairs but it says "TV Control is not aviable for this cable box".  It is a DCH3200 which is listed on the compatiable devices, but when I go check the remote self-test page it does not even have a model number listed for the Upstairs TV.

The "Downstairs DVR" functions correctly and I am able to control the DVR functions and able to change the channels.  Is there somebody here that can help me try and fix this?

I have tried unplugging the cable box, even overnight, with no avail.  The online tech support was not much help, just told me to unplug the device and all would be fine. 

Thanks.

Welcome to the Xfinity remote Self-Test page. This page provides information to help troubleshoot your service with the assistance of a Comcast Customer Support Representative.

Diagnostic Information
  Name Manufacturer LiveTV OnDemand Upgrade Remote Tune Software     Upstairs TV [ No Device Model Available ] N Y Install Downstairs DVR Motorola Y Y Install  
Available Devices
Name Type Remove Device From Account   Jennifer iPhone Remove   Daniel’s iPad 3 iPad Remove   Daniel’s iPhone 4 iPhone Remove  

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation