Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity TV Online Terrible Streaming Quality

New Poster

Xfinity TV Online Terrible Streaming Quality

I recently became a comcast/xfinity customer, and after about 1-2 weeks with no problems streaming video, now cannot seem to stream ANYTHING either on XfinityTV or Netflix.  The video loads, but playback is very glitchy: audio out of sync, hiccups every 2-3 seconds.  Impossible to watch.  Other websites seem to load fine, downloads of mp3s or picture files have seemed normal.

My internet package is 25mbps, and when I went through chat support I confirmed via the Speed Test that I am in fact getting this speed.  I "power cycled" the wireless gateway, not sure if that did anything because the glitchy streaming is still happening.  This happens whether I am on wireless or plugged in via ethernet.  I took my laptop to a friend's house and tried watching streaming videos there, and had no problems at all.  So my guess is that it is not my computer or internet browser.

I was sold this package because I was told this speed was ideal for streaming videos, which is a large portion of what I use home internet for.  I am very seriously considering switching internet providers if this is not resolved. 

Help please!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation