Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity TV Online Broken due to Service Transfer Request?

New Poster

Xfinity TV Online Broken due to Service Transfer Request?

Last Thursday I reached out to Comcast to schedule an upcoming move. Scheduled my current service to terminate a day prior to the new service being activated - both to happen in three weeks time - and was given the new account number so I could link it via the website. I was a bit baffled by this step, but no worries.. I jumped online and -

Nothing! Since the new account has voice (the old one did not) and I wasn't given a security PIN, I couldn't confirm the account and couldn't link them. Not phased by this I jumped online and initiated a web chat. I mean we're dealing with Comcast here - nothing is easy, so sadly a little headache was expected, but I digress - so I get a chat rep pretty quickly and explain to them that I need a security PIN to link my new account to my old one.

I also made a critical error: I mention that after we deal with the PIN issue, I'd like to TALK ABOUT how I'll go about transferring my current user accounts to the new account when my move date gets closer. 

Oh how I wish I didn't say anything. 

The woman confirms that she can help me with my issues, goes through the validation process and then starts the user transfer process! Wait, what? So I try to ask her if this is going to impact me and my users ability to access our accounts like we do now. She insists and KEEPS TRANSFERRING! 

I keep pressing her, and after she's transferred all the accounts she asks me to check to make sure that everything went ok with it and that the users can still access there accounts. 

What? I point out that I don't have there account information readily available and can't check and besides, I don't have the accounts linked online so I couldn't check anything on the new account anyway. She doesn't say anything and now I'm getting mad because I know - I just know! - that I won't be able to use my PC to access my DVR at home now for another 3 weeks right at that moment.

I press her again, and she is insistent that nothing will be different. I remind her that all I wanted was my security PIN and here's the funniest part of all: after a 3 minute pause she says that she's requested it get mailed to me. Want to bet it's going to the wrong address? 

On top of all that, I was right. I logged in catch up on some TV while my husband uses the TV in the living room to play video games (we only have 1 set in the house and 1 DVR because this hasn't been an issue for us until right at this very moment) - and the DVR isn't showing up, the internet TV App isn't recognizing this as the home network (even though the website does) and the on demand content isn't even showing up because the new account isn't even active for weeks still.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this or who I should talk to at this company to get this fixed in a way that doesn't cause more problems? 

New Poster

Re: Xfinity TV Online Broken due to Service Transfer Request?

To add insult to injury I just discovered that one of the usernames wasn't transferred from the old account and the rep who was "helping" me out created a new username at the new account with, let's say, an interesting but wholly inappropraite message for me.

Yeah - she knew she was screwing me over and she took the time to revel in it. Awesome job Comcast. You win at being the worst company ever. Congrats. 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation