Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity TV Go - move to SD support?

New Poster

Xfinity TV Go - move to SD support?

I go offshore, away from wifi / data, and download movies before I leave.  With the new changes movies now take much more room in memory then they did before (800kb vs 300kb).  This fills up my phone and I can not get but 1 or two movies on the phone.  Is it possible to make downloard storage or the app itself install to an external SD memory location?  If not, why?  This has been a request since 2011 in the forums here, but I never saw a reasoning behind this limitation.

Mike

New Poster

Re: Xfinity TV Go - move to SD support?

With further reading, I see answers that this is not possible,.

Please see this as a feature request.  I'm sure this would be VERY popular if added.

Mike

New Poster

Re: Xfinity TV Go - move to SD support?

You can copy the files to any storage including sd cards using a file manager app on any platform. I know that on a table the content will not play in the app once moved and give a missing file error but if you copy the files back one directory at a time on a Samsung they are stored in Android/data/files/virtuoso/media/ABC. ABC being the directory of each downloadable movie or show. Of course did you expect Comcast to put the name of the content any where in the folder name no so just keep and eye one the dates that the folders where created and the order in which it was down loaded and feel free to put a prefix at the beginning of the folder to remind you what the show is. Remember it has to go back it the exact same location and with the exact mane for the Comcast app to see it. ABSOLUTELY RIDICULES THAT THE APP WILL NOT STORE TO OTHER MEMORY/STORAGE THIS COMPANY NEEDS TO BE REGULATED BIG TIME. CONTROL FREAKS. And yet you can manually do it.

P.S. You can still only have 10 items downloaded at any one time and they will only play on the device they are downloaded to but I have not tried another.

Great idea if Netflix could do it I would leave Comcast

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation