Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity TV Go missing shows from my DVR

New Poster

Xfinity TV Go missing shows from my DVR

My television is breaking (bad picture), so I tried to watch tonight's DVRed shows on the Xfinity TV Go website on my laptop. Only about 7 things I have saved show up in the queue. They are on my TV, and on the DVR Manager tab, but not on the Watch Online list. It can't be the channel, because I'm missing an AMC show but my other AMC shows are there.

Also, the TV Go App will not connect to my phone, it keeps saying "network error." Samsung Galaxy Note 5. 

Regular Contributor

Re: Xfinity TV Go missing shows from my DVR

Same experience. Xtv.comcast only shows about 7 shows recorded over last few days. Manage my dvr online shows many more recordings over much longer time frame.. Why the difference?
Problem Solver

Do you have "Cloud DVR" enabled on your account?  The Xfinity TV Go website (http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/) is not used for watching your DVR content. If you have "Cloud DVR" enabled you should be using the XTV web portal (https://xtv.comcast.net/recordings) to watch your "Cloud DVR" content.

Also the Xfinity TV GO app will not access your "Cloud DVR" content.  You should be using the Xfinity TV app to access your "Cloud DVR" content.  You can find the app for your Samsung Galaxy here:  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xfinity.cloudtvr&hl=en

tolomeos wrote:

My television is breaking (bad picture), so I tried to watch tonight's DVRed shows on the Xfinity TV Go website on my laptop. Only about 7 things I have saved show up in the queue. They are on my TV, and on the DVR Manager tab, but not on the Watch Online list. It can't be the channel, because I'm missing an AMC show but my other AMC shows are there.

Also, the TV Go App will not connect to my phone, it keeps saying "network error." Samsung Galaxy Note 5. 

Problem Solver

When did you get your "Cloud DVR" enabled?  The XTV web portal (https://xtv.comcast.net/recordings) only shows recordings that happened after you had "Cloud DVR" enabled.  Anything before that date will be on your physical DVR, but not the Cloud DVR.

Shermo_6 wrote:
Same experience. Xtv.comcast only shows about 7 shows recorded over last few days. Manage my dvr online shows many more recordings over much longer time frame.. Why the difference?
Regular Contributor

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

When did you get your "Cloud DVR" enabled?  The XTV web portal (https://xtv.comcast.net/recordings) only shows recordings that happened after you had "Cloud DVR" enabled.  Anything before that date will be on your physical DVR, but not the Cloud DVR.

Shermo_6 wrote:

How do I know when I had my "Cloud DVR" enabled?  Is that something I needed to do?  I've had X1 since beginning of January, and switched out the X1 DVR yesterday for a new one.  I do not recall doing anything on my end that would enable cloud dvr, but maybe I did.

Problem Solver

Maybe someone from Comcast can tell you when "Cloud DVR" was activated on your account, but it's really not that important. I'm assuming you have "Cloud DVR" access since you said you can see recordings on https://xtv.comcast.net/recordings. However, the "Manage My DVR online" webpage shows what is actually on your physical DVR, not the "Cloud DVR". Since you switched out your physical DVR yesterday, the "Manage My DVR online" webpage will eventually update to show only what is recorded to your new physical DVR, once Comcast removes the old DVR information from your account.

Confused yet?

How long have you been using https://xtv.comcast.net/recordings to see your Cloud DVR recordings? It is possible you had recordings on your old DVR prior to having Cloud enabled. I can't really tell you what happened in the past, but since you switched DVR's yesterday, I would just watch and see that whatever gets recorded to the physical DVR also shows up on the "Cloud DVR". They are 2 separate recording spaces.  If you see problems with that, there could be an issue. It is possible though to unplug your DVR and still get a recording to the Cloud.

Shermo_6 wrote:

How do I know when I had my "Cloud DVR" enabled?  Is that something I needed to do?  I've had X1 since beginning of January, and switched out the X1 DVR yesterday for a new one.  I do not recall doing anything on my end that would enable cloud dvr, but maybe I did.

Regular Contributor

I was confused long ago with this new and improved X1, likley back when my first x1 dvr started freezing habitually!

I realize now that although I can see all of my old recordings from "manage my dvr", I am unable to watch them, as when I select "watch on tv" I get an error (likely because the old dvr is not hooked up any longer).  Hopefully I can find some of them on demand, but I doubt they'll all be there.

Maybe there's a way I can transfer the old shows from my old dvr to new dvr via hdmi cable?  I still have old dvr.  Doesn't Comcast offer some sort of service like this when you move and have to hand in equipment?

I really am trying to like the new x1 experience, but it's been difficult.  Would have been nice to have been informed when picking up the new dvr replacement that the previously recorded shows would not be viewable any longer (isn't that kinda what "cloud" infers, that it's saved somewhere else and can be accessed from anywhere?).

Thanks for your help.

Problem Solver

There is no way to transfer the old recordings to the new DVR. Sorry to say that.

The Cloud does infer that the recordings are saved elsewhere, like I stated. You can watch them on a computer/laptop @ https://xtv.comcast.net/recordings, or a tablet/smartphone using the Xfinity TV app.

If you have a laptop with an HDMI port, you can hook that up to your TV and watch the show on your TV through the laptop.

Have you tried watching a recording through the XTV web portal (https://xtv.comcast.net/recordings)?

Regular Contributor

But now I can't watch them now, at least not most of them.

Have not tried watching at xtv.comcast yet, but have used the Xfinity TV app.  I will watch the 6 or 7 shows that are still saved in those places that were recorded on 3/6, 3/7 or up unitl about 8pm yesterday when I replaced my old dvr, and anything recorded since about 8pm last night I can watch off my dvr directly.

Not to beat a dead horse, but the issue is I now do not have access to about 25 shows/movies I had recorded from early January when I first installed my x1 dvr through about 3/5.  I'll scour on-demand to see which of those I can pull and watch, and see if any can be re-recorded, but for most I assume they will be lost, unless I buy them online perhaps.

Thanks for your help.

Problem Solver

Prior to 3/5, did you use the Xfinity TV app to view your recordings? If so, were they previously there? If you didn't use it prior to 3/5, maybe that is when "Cloud DVR" was turned on for your account. If they were there prior to 3/5, and they just disappeared, then something went wrong with your Cloud DVR.

Regular Contributor

I must retract what I said before, I have not used the Xfinity TV app to watch shows, I was thinking of Xfinity TV Go app which I used a few weeks back to watch a show that I tried to record but the recoridng was interrupted when my dvr froze, so I watched the show from Xfnity TV Go app as it was availabe there.  But I can confirm that in Xfinity TV app, saved shows for me only go back to 3/6, so maybe that is the date my cloud was truned on for that purpose.

Problem Solver

Well that might explain it then. Like I said before, recordings will only be available on the "Cloud DVR" after it was first enabled. It might not of been enabled when you first got your X1 DVR in January.

And leave it to Comcast to name 2 of their apps "Xfinity TV" and "Xfinity TV Go". No wonder people get confused.

Sorry you lost most of your recordings, but going forward you should be covered in the event you have to do another DVR swap. Of course, sometimes the Cloud DVR recordings have problems as well, but I won't burden you with that issue right now. Good luck going forward.

And one other thing. When you watch anything through the Xfinity TV Go app it counts against your monthly data usage. When you watch through the Xfinity TV app, it does NOT count against your monthly data usage.

Shermo_6 wrote:

I must retract what I said before, I have not used the Xfinity TV app to watch shows, I was thinking of Xfinity TV Go app which I used a few weeks back to watch a show that I tried to record but the recoridng was interrupted when my dvr froze, so I watched the show from Xfnity TV Go app as it was availabe there.  But I can confirm that in Xfinity TV app, saved shows for me only go back to 3/6, so maybe that is the date my cloud was truned on for that purpose.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation