Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity TV GO in Windows browser vs Xfinity TV GO app on Android

Contributor

Xfinity TV GO in Windows browser vs Xfinity TV GO app on Android

1. It seems to me that I can play certain movies from the xfinity.comcast.net Xfinity TV Go page that I can not play from the Xfinity TV Go App on Android.  For example "Nothing Sacred".  Perhaps part of the answer is that this is "Hulu" content - but nevertheless, if I can play it on my PC, why not my tablet? -  If I had a Windows 8 tablet I suspect I could play it on that.

2. I can build up a watchlist on the Web version of TV Go -- I like to do that because it's easier for me to search and browse...

The search is much more powerful, eg. can find movies by actors name, not just title.

BUT the Android app doesn't "see" my watchlist - instead it has its own bookmarking and crappy weak search....  DUH!  

3. Hmmm... when I try running a browser on my tablet, Xfinity brilliantly detects that I am running on Android and 

directs me to use the Xfinity app -- which of course won't play the movie I just selected...

Next step would be to "spoof" comcast my letting it think my tablet is a desktop machine... Anyone have success with that?

Well enough for now,

Am I correct in my observations?

If so, WHY?  Just more stupid Comcast stuff?

Contributor

Re: Xfinity TV GO in Windows browser vs Xfinity TV GO app on Android

Well I tried some of the Android browsers that support Flash, no luck so far:

Dolphin - I can spoof my user agent as "desktop" but Xfinity complains that my Flash player is downlevel.

Photon - shows Ads okay ;-( but then the selected movie gets stuck on "Loading Video" - eventually suggests my Flash player is down level

Puffin - can set to spoof/appear as "desktop" - but also gets stuck "Loading Video".

Anyone have success?  On Android or ios/iPad?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation