New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity TV Error 2105 Help

ANSWERED
New Poster

Xfinity TV Error 2105 Help

Hi,

For weeks now I've been having an issue with Silverlight and Xfinity not allowing me ot watch my shows as a result. On a majority of these shows, I get an error message, 2105, and I've tried everything I possibly could to deal with it, especially considering the link that comes with the error message continues to send me to a page that doesn't exist. Can you please give me a hint? I've been trying everything I could from other messages in this forum and nothing seems to be helping. I'm stumped. I'm working on a Mac and using Safari, by the way.

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Re: Xfinity TV Error 2105 Help

It worked! Thank you.

View answer in context
Tags (1)
Official Employee

nsherr wrote:

Hi,

For weeks now I've been having an issue with Silverlight and Xfinity not allowing me ot watch my shows as a result. On a majority of these shows, I get an error message, 2105, and I've tried everything I possibly could to deal with it, especially considering the link that comes with the error message continues to send me to a page that doesn't exist. Can you please give me a hint? I've been trying everything I could from other messages in this forum and nothing seems to be helping. I'm stumped. I'm working on a Mac and using Safari, by the way.

Thanks.

Completely uninstall Microsoft Silverlight from your computer and then try watching a video again. Now, you will be prompted to install Silverlight. Follow the on-screen instructions and then see if videos start working.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

It worked! Thank you.

New Poster

video will not play

This video cannot be played.

We have detected a problem with your Microsoft Silverlight installation  (Error 2105). To fix this problem please uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Silverlight.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation