Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity TV App will not play the play now videos

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity TV App will not play the play now videos

I have a 3rd generation iPod Touch that I downloaded the Xfinity TV app onto for watching movies and tv shows on a mobile device. Whenever I select a video, be it a tv show or a movie, I cannot play it. I select the green play now option, and then it acts like it will play the movie, but then it just shows a black screen and a 0:00 as well. The video will not play, and I do not know why. I have a strong internet connection. I have also searched many other forums for this problem, but I have found no solutions, and this is becoming very annoying. Can anyone help me?

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity TV App will not play the play now videos

try clearing your cache and cookies.  Try signing out of the app and then sign back in.  You can also only have three mobile devices on your account.  If you cllick the the tv tab top of this page then on the next page click the gear icon bottom right of that page then go to mobile devices see how many you have there.

Frequent Visitor

I did these things, and yet play now still does not work. Any other suggestions?

Silver Problem Solver

do you have ios 4 or later?  You can try signing out of the app, delete the app, then clear cookies and cache again.  Then download the app, sign in and try.   Are you sure you have a good wifi signal?  Also make sure parental controls are not set up blocking you.  Does anything work, cartoons or anything?

Frequent Visitor

I am running on the most current version of ios 4, and I have a very strong wifi signal. There are no parental controls, and nothing works, movies, tv shows, cartoons, documentaries, nothing. I tried your suggestion, and it didn't work. Why won't this work???

Silver Problem Solver

there are parental controls.

a few things to try.. when you go into the app click the more icon the one furthest on the right under channel line up make sure your area is correct and not just picked by comcast. then click manage parental controls, in there you need to turn them off.  under history do clear all history.   you also need to log in with the primary account holders info.  If you do all this and it still does not work it must be an issue on comcasts end.  Do you have a motorla cable box by the way.  This feature is not available in all markets.

have you checked this page to make sure you meet all the requirements.  You cant just download the app and it works you have to have a certain level of service for it. 

http://xfinity.comcast.net/learn/internet/mobile-tv-app/

Official Employee

ccnastopoulos wrote:

I did these things, and yet play now still does not work. Any other suggestions?

Where did you clear your cookies and cache from? If you haven't already, try deleting your App History by opening the Xfinity TV App and clicking Settings > History > Clear all history.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

i had the correct area, and the parental controls were off. i cleared the history, and i am already logged in with the primary account holders info. i do meet all the requirements though. i do have a motorola cable box... does that mean anything??? and comcast joe, i cleared the cookies and cache under safari in the main ipod settings app. i have also already cleared the history, and play now still doesnt work.

Silver Problem Solver

are you close to your wireless signal. there really is nothing else to do on your end.

Frequent Visitor

i am very close to the wifi signal... i don't understand why this wont work. i know a few other people have had this problem, but thanks for your help. if anyone else has any suggestions, please let me know.

Official Employee

ccnastopoulos wrote:

i am very close to the wifi signal... i don't understand why this wont work. i know a few other people have had this problem, but thanks for your help. if anyone else has any suggestions, please let me know.

Try upgrading to iOS 5 and then try playing videos.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

because the iPod is only 8 gigabytes i can't download ios 5

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation