Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity TV App on iPad running IOS 9

New Poster

Xfinity TV App on iPad running IOS 9

The Xfinity TV remote app randomly closes after scrolling through listings and attempting to select programming.  This started after IOS 9 was installed on my iPad.  Anyone else with a similar issue?

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity TV App on iPad running IOS 9

Yes - waiting on a fix....

Regular Contributor

Come on Comcast, we have been waiting on a fix since I got an esclation number on September 23.

New Poster

Happening on iPhone running iOS9 ever since upgrade to iOS9. However, I get the feeling this is a user's forum and no one at Comcast/Xfinity actually reads this stuff. If they do, it would be nice if they would at least acknowledged that they're aware of the problem.
Frequent Visitor

Tweet the issue to @comcastcares https://twitter.com/comcastcares - though they didn't sound like they knew what was going on, they said they'd escalate the issue.

New Poster

I have the same problem. Are there people who don't have this problem?

Frequent Visitor

Please also leave specific feedback about the crashing on the iTunes App store:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/xfinity-tv-remote/id401629893?mt=8

Frequent Visitor

Having the same problem! 

Regular Visitor

Tv remote still bad it's been over a month now I opened a ticket with main office they don't care said they are not going to fix it because Apple made it stop working not Comcast what a joke this company is.

Regular Contributor

If Comcast is blaming Apple, that is just total BS and Comcast knows it.  I've had an open ticket since September 23 and it was broken before that.

Regular Visitor

All I know when I updated my iPhone and iPad xfinity tv app crashes . Not much we can do that's Comcast service for you last year I had another problem they could not fix i fixed it with one of their contractors I am a retired tech.
Regular Contributor

Almost a week ago I posted on the Twitter page, ComcastCares, about this issue since I've had a ticket outstanding since September 23 with no response from Comcast.  Took 3 days for them to get back to me and saying they were having someone call me about the problem. So last night about 8:30 I got a call from someone telling me they were a 'higher level' support person.  Let me preface this by saying that over the years I have dealth with several high level Comcast Support folks and they have been very intelligent and conversant with the issues.  I can assure you that the gentleman who called me and claimed to be a high level support person was definitely not. This guy had NO knowlege of the problem or that there even was a problem.  I asked him a couple of questions, given to me previously by an actual high level support tech, and he failed to answer any of of them correctly. So far as I could tell he had no knowlegde of anything.

Comcast should be ashamed of passing this 'stunt'  off as "tech support" and insulting the intelligence of their customers.

Regular Visitor

Give it up I have downloaded app called TV guide on my iPhone at least works. I have also like I said talked to top tech at Philadelphia and they even used app and saw it crash I have had a open ticket for over 2 weeks
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 8 in conversation