Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity TV App Problems with New Nexus 7

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Xfinity TV App Problems with New Nexus 7

I picked up a Nexus 7 today, running 4.1.2. 

I'm trying to run the Xfinity TV app, but after signing in, I can't get past the screen where you're identifying your various cable boxes. There seems to be no way to advance beyond this point. Also, is this app supposed to only work in landscape mode? I can't get it to orient to portrait mode. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solution

Re: Xfinity TV App Problems with New Nexus 7

I found a solution. Go to the Play store. Download an app called Ultimate Rotation Control. Look in Global Rotation, and set it to portrait. Then you will be able to get setup the xfinity app with more than 3 boxes.
View answer in context
Tags (1)
New Poster

Me too. Fixed it by selecting proper channel lineup, which was tricky - be sure to save.
Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem, cannot get past the TV renaming.

Will not rotate out of landscape.

I found out why, the Nexus 7 DPI is fixed and when you have three or more boxes to rename it will not show the finish button.

I tried it on my sons account, he has 3 tv's to rename and one that is not, mine has 3 tv's to rename and 2 that cannot be.

Just the extra space of having the extra wording wraps the text to make it two lines of text pushing the finish button out of view and not able to be selected.

I sent an email to comcast and told them the problem to see if the extra boxes can be removed from my account so I can set up my Nexus 7.

Still waiting an answer.

Silver Problem Solver

you dont have to name the tv's if you don't want to.  Do you have a motorola cable box?  The service pretty much on works with those boxes unless you have a cisco SA box that can get anyroom dvr.     When you pull up your account online it should show you your cable boxes you have, you cannot remove them as its suppose to show you what cable boxes you have.  You can only have 3 devices like tablets or phone associated to your account though.  Those you can remove by going here.  you can also name them there you don't have to do do it on tablet.

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/settings

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your reply, I do have the Motorola DVR box.

I understand that you don't have to rename the boxes.

The issue is, you cannot go beyond that page, since there is not a next or finish button to select due to the page not allowing portrait orientation.

As I said I can see the edge of the finish button on an account with fewer cable boxes.

The 2 that are not available are the Digital adapters.

I suppose I can turn them in and hope they are removed from my account and then get new ones later if I need them.

Frequent Visitor

I'm having the exact same problem.  I emailed the support email address. I hope they resolve the issue soon!

Frequent Visitor

It looks like they are not in a hurry to resolve the issue on the Nexus 7.

I have been in an email loop of try everything then call or reply, I did all of the troubleshooting with about 5 emails back and forth and a phone call.

My last call was receiving incorrect information about the application.  It seems they don't know much about the Android.  I was told the app was for the apple only.  I know that was incorrect but that was the end of the help I received.

Maybe if enough users complain we can get some attention to this issue.

Frequent Visitor

Any updates?  Nothing's come of my complaints/emails.

Frequent Visitor

No nothing, no updates.

My Asus Google  Nexus 7 just received the Jelly Bean 4.2 upgrade.  I was hoping maybe that would fix the issue, but it didn't.

I am returning one of my digital adapters today so I can get the button visible on the screen.  I hope that works.  Or I may just go with Dish or AT&T.

There should be a solution to this problem other than returning equipment.

New Poster

I've figured out a workaround. You will need root access for this to work. Look for an app in the play store called density changer. Open the app and enter 200 as the value. The default is 213. Hit apply + reboot. When the nexus turns back on you should notice all your icons are slightly smaller. Open the xfinity app and log in. Once you get to the renaming the boxes screen you should now be able to see the finish button. You can now reset the density value back to 213 so the rest of your apps look like normal. You shouldn't need to do this again unless you log out of the app
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the information.

I was considering the fix you describe, except I don't want to root my nexus 7 yet.  (too new to me at this time)

I didn't get it working by returning a digital adaptor box, so it only would show one.  It was just enough to allow me to click on the finish button without going the root method.

Your method would have worked, so thank again.

Kevin

PS I just signed up for uverse, so now it is all for nothing.

New Poster

I was able to get past this issue by using a bluetooth keyboard.  I was able to use the tab key (I think) to navigate below the bottom of the screen to the 'ok' button (or whatever is lurking there).

Seems like it is not sized for the N7 screen though, the  app is usable but not great.  Hopefully there will be an update that better suits the Nexus' screen dimensions.

New Poster

I found a solution. Go to the Play store. Download an app called Ultimate Rotation Control. Look in Global Rotation, and set it to portrait. Then you will be able to get setup the xfinity app with more than 3 boxes.
New Poster

Thanks Vnomous, that did it for my Nexus 7, too!

Frequent Visitor

Worked for me too!!!  Thanks so much!!!

New Poster

Me too! Nice.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 10 in conversation