Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity TV App: No Eligible TVs Found

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity TV App: No Eligible TVs Found

am trying to use the Xfinity TV app on my iphone/ipod touch but it's saying that it was unable to find any cable boxes eligible for TV control. My cable box is a Motorola DCH3200, which is one the list of eligible boxes. If I go on the website to try TV control it can't find an eligible box either. Last night I chatted with a comcast representative. They had me sign out and uninstall everything. They refreshed my account and had me install and try again. It still didn't work. Then they said that they would try a hard reset of my account and that the app should work after an hour. 12 hours later it still doesn't work. I tried going to a website suggested (Xfinity remote Self-Test page) http://www.fancast.com/remotehelpbut there was no help there.

Here's what it came up with (Sensetive informatin has been replaced with X's):

Your Comcast Account

Account Number XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Primary User ID XXXXXXXXXX

Content You Have Access To [No Cable Type Available ]

The primary user ID associated with your account is XXXXXXXX, and the video content you have      access to is the same for all user IDs associated with this account.

Channel Line Up

Zip = XXXXX

Name = Comcast XXXXXXXXX Digital

Diagnostic Information
  Name                 Manufacturer                       LiveTV        OnDemand             Upgrade Remote Tune Software  
TV 1            [ No Device Model Available ]       N                         Y                            Install

TV 2            [ No Device Model Available ]         N                       Y                             Install

TV 3          [ No Device Model Available ]          N                     Y                              Install

Available Devices

Name                      Type           Remove Device From Account
XXXXX’s iPod     iPod touch          Remove

My iphone isn't even showing up in available devices. I've tried unplugging the cable box and plugging it back in after 15 min or so. I've reinstalled the app like 20 times. What should I do next?

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity TV App: No Eligible TVs Found

hjvanaulen wrote:

am trying to use the Xfinity TV app on my iphone/ipod touch but it's saying that it was unable to find any cable boxes eligible for TV control. My cable box is a Motorola DCH3200, which is one the list of eligible boxes. If I go on the website to try TV control it can't find an eligible box either. Last night I chatted with a comcast representative. They had me sign out and uninstall everything. They refreshed my account and had me install and try again. It still didn't work. Then they said that they would try a hard reset of my account and that the app should work after an hour. 12 hours later it still doesn't work. I tried going to a website suggested (Xfinity remote Self-Test page) http://www.fancast.com/remotehelpbut there was no help there.

Here's what it came up with (Sensetive informatin has been replaced with X's):

Your Comcast Account

Account Number XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Primary User ID XXXXXXXXXX

Content You Have Access To [No Cable Type Available ]

The primary user ID associated with your account is XXXXXXXX, and the video content you have      access to is the same for all user IDs associated with this account.

Channel Line Up

Zip = XXXXX

Name = Comcast XXXXXXXXX Digital

Diagnostic Information
  Name                 Manufacturer                       LiveTV        OnDemand             Upgrade Remote Tune Software  
TV 1            [ No Device Model Available ]       N                         Y                            Install

TV 2            [ No Device Model Available ]         N                       Y                             Install

TV 3          [ No Device Model Available ]          N                     Y                              Install

Available Devices

Name                      Type           Remove Device From Account
XXXXX’s iPod     iPod touch          Remove

My iphone isn't even showing up in available devices. I've tried unplugging the cable box and plugging it back in after 15 min or so. I've reinstalled the app like 20 times. What should I do next?

Please send the following information to info[at]xfinitytv[dot]com so we can further assist you. We ask you to e-mail us because we don't want you to release your personal information in a public forum.

Your comcast.net e-mail address or Comcast ID user name:

Account Number:

Zip code:

Makes, Models, and the names of all your set-top boxes:

The name(s) of your set-top box that is giving you issues:

Please also include a link to your post so we can accurately track your issue.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation