Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity TV App - No Eligible Boxes found

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity TV App - No Eligible Boxes found

I am trying to use the Xfinity TV app on my iphone/ipod touch but it's saying that it was unable to find any cable boxes eligible for TV control. My cable box is a Motorola DCH3200, which is one the list of eligible boxes. If I go on the website to try TV control it can't find an eligible box either. Last night I chatted with a comcast representative. They had me sign out and uninstall everything. They refreshed my account and had me install and try again. It still didn't work. Then they said that they would try a hard reset of my account and that the app should work after an hour. 12 hours later it still doesn't work. I tried going to a website suggested (Xfinity remote Self-Test page) http://www.fancast.com/remotehelp but there was no help there.

Here's what it came up with (Sensetive informatin has been replaced with X's):

Your Comcast Account

Account Number XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Primary User ID XXXXXXXXXX

Content You Have Access To [No Cable Type Available ]

The primary user ID associated with your account is XXXXXXXX, and the video content you have      access to is the same for all user IDs associated with this account.

Channel Line Up

Zip = XXXXX

Name = Comcast XXXXXXXXX Digital

Diagnostic Information
  Name                 Manufacturer                       LiveTV        OnDemand             Upgrade Remote Tune Software   
TV 1            [ No Device Model Available ]       N                         Y                            Install

TV 2            [ No Device Model Available ]         N                       Y                             Install

TV 3          [ No Device Model Available ]          N                     Y                              Install

Available Devices

Name                      Type           Remove Device From Account 
XXXXX’s iPod     iPod touch          Remove

My iphone isn't even showing up in available devices. I've tried unplugging the cable box and plugging it back in after 15 min or so. I've reinstalled the app like 20 times. What should I do next?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity TV App - No Eligible Boxes found

are you able to watch shows on your pc?  YOu need to get that working first.  If that does work, then are you logging in as the primary account holder?  Also make sure your zip code is set correctly on your account and not set to automatic.    I assume you already tried to synch the app with the box, did you get any messages?  any errors?  on your box guide menu go to remote access set up, if that is there you can delete the set up and try again.  Sometimes it gets stuck.    That should be a good place to start.

Frequent Visitor

No I am not able to watch them on the PC. (I mentioned that in my first post). I get the same problem online. It says "Sorry!  No compatible cable boxes were found in your household." I am logged in as teh primary account holder. I didn't see "remote access set up" on my guide menu. I'm 95% sure it's not there, but I will check when I get home. You'd think the comcast representative and the Xfinity TV App setup guides would provide the info that you gave me. I guess I need help getting it to work on my PC first.

Frequent Visitor

EDIT: I'm sorry I misread what you asked at first. I can WATCH shows on my PC, but I can't change the channels on my TV using my PC.

Silver Problem Solver

people who have the app know best unfortunately.

New Poster

I'm having the same issue with my box and its the same model you mentioned in your post.  I have two boxes, and one does allow me to use the XFINITY TV app as a remote, but I am not able to get the other box to allow use with the XFINITY TV app.  My calls have been esculated within Comcast, but no one has returned my calls and I still have the issue.   Did you get your's resolved?

Silver Problem Solver

have you clicked on the tv tab top of this page and then gone to the drop down on your profile and completed the set up.  part of it is to activate your dvr manager.  have you also looked in your box menu to check if you have a section called remote set up on the box that is not working.  If its there delete it and then go back to your pc and try to synch it again.

Official Employee

hjvanaulen wrote:

EDIT: I'm sorry I misread what you asked at first. I can WATCH shows on my PC, but I can't change the channels on my TV using my PC.

hjvanaulen and

Please send the following information to info[at]xfinitytv[dot]com so we can further assist you.

We ask you to e-mail us because we don't want you to release personal information in a public forum.

Your comcast.net e-mail address or Comcast ID user name:

Account Number:

Zip code:

Make and model of your set-top box:

Please also include a link to this post so we can accurately track your issue.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Same problem with my box. Just like yours except cisco. I can watch Tv on my Pc, Yet I can't Change the channel with my iphone or Laptop. Figure it out yet?

Official Employee

bazookabrent wrote:

Same problem with my box. Just like yours except cisco. I can watch Tv on my Pc, Yet I can't Change the channel with my iphone or Laptop. Figure it out yet?

I am sorry but the RGN100 cable boxes do not support our Remote Tune feature. Here is a list of compatible boxes.

Find a Comcast Service Center near you and see if you can swap your box out for an eligible one.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Hi

I'm Trying to setup my DVR box too

I'm getting the same message "No Eligible Boxes found"

my DVR Box is Motorola DCX 3400

when I go into diagnostics

ie:   http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/rh

I get this message

We're sorry, but an error has occurred. Please try again later. Error Code 404. [ Request: "get_account_info"]

Thanks

Luke

Official Employee

lukaszmd wrote:

Hi

I'm Trying to setup my DVR box too

I'm getting the same message "No Eligible Boxes found"

Our team is looking into your issue now. I will update you when I learn more.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Has anyone figured out a fix to this problem yet?  This "no eligible boxes found" on my ipad seems to be related to not being able to set up my correct zip code in my profile.  I've tried the "reset", I've tried deleting and reinstalling the ipad app, I've tried a long time on the phone with comcast.  They gave me a different phone number that I can't call untl tomorrow.  Also I can't watch TV on my computer.  I have a Mac OS X. Any suggestions welcome.  

Official Employee

sallylw wrote:

Has anyone figured out a fix to this problem yet?  This "no eligible boxes found" on my ipad seems to be related to not being able to set up my correct zip code in my profile.  I've tried the "reset", I've tried deleting and reinstalling the ipad app, I've tried a long time on the phone with comcast.  They gave me a different phone number that I can't call untl tomorrow.  Also I can't watch TV on my computer.  I have a Mac OS X. Any suggestions welcome.  

Try unplugging your cable box for a minute or so and then plug it back in.

I suggest you do this before you leave the house or before you go to bed. It takes some time for the grid to fully load and for the DVR to fully sync back up again.

After you have done this, please try again and let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Hi Joe -- OK I followed the steps you suggested last night, unplugged for a minute and plugged back in and went to bed.   But still "no eligible TVs" message on the ipad this morning. (oh and I noticed you said DVR, but I don't have a DVR, it's a Motorola DCH 3200)

Here's the other things I tried after that:  I deleted and reinstalled the ipad app and I tried to complete my set up on my comcast profile.  The profile blue bar shows only about two-thirds complete, but when I mouse over it, it says "0 steps to complete".  Then I click on it, it takes me right to the zipcode set up (which is the only part in set up missing a green check mark).  When I click on that, I get the box where you choose your line up.  Where I would normally enter my zip code there is this message:  DAC:  171_178.  The next box defaults to Pacific time (which is correct) and the only channel line up choice is Comcast Recommended line up.  I've tried approving it the way it shows and I've also tried clicking "if this doesn't seem correct change line up here"....which brings me to a place where I can actually change my zip to 94102  --but it doesn't make any difference.  The next time I got to my TV Settings page (the one with "manage my devices, etc) I still get the message "zip code has not been set".

Maybe the zip code set up has nothing to do with the ipad problem, I don't know.  (that something one of your reps on the phone said the other night).

I'll wait for your response.

Official Employee

sallylw wrote:

Hi Joe -- OK I followed the steps you suggested last night, unplugged for a minute and plugged back in and went to bed.   But still "no eligible TVs" message on the ipad this morning. (oh and I noticed you said DVR, but I don't have a DVR, it's a Motorola DCH 3200)

Here's the other things I tried after that:  I deleted and reinstalled the ipad app and I tried to complete my set up on my comcast profile.  The profile blue bar shows only about two-thirds complete, but when I mouse over it, it says "0 steps to complete".  Then I click on it, it takes me right to the zipcode set up (which is the only part in set up missing a green check mark).  When I click on that, I get the box where you choose your line up.  Where I would normally enter my zip code there is this message:  DAC:  171_178.  The next box defaults to Pacific time (which is correct) and the only channel line up choice is Comcast Recommended line up.  I've tried approving it the way it shows and I've also tried clicking "if this doesn't seem correct change line up here"....which brings me to a place where I can actually change my zip to 94102  --but it doesn't make any difference.  The next time I got to my TV Settings page (the one with "manage my devices, etc) I still get the message "zip code has not been set".

Maybe the zip code set up has nothing to do with the ipad problem, I don't know.  (that something one of your reps on the phone said the other night).

Thank you.

Our team is further looking into your issue. I will update you when I learn more.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Hi Joe -- It's sallylw again.  Sorry this "support" website wouldn't let me log in with my previous name so I had to choose another.  (that's about how everything has been going for me with comcast, so no surprise there.)  

On Thursday I believe it was (which would have been July 12) I got a call from someone at comcast asking if my ipad app was  working yet --I told them "no" she said "OK.  We'll work on it some and call you back in 24 hours."  Well, no surprise, I didn't get a call.  Also no surprise it still doesn't work.  (Please see all my previous problems in this thread under the name sallylw.  

What next?

Official Employee

swassink wrote:

Hi Joe -- It's sallylw again.  Sorry this "support" website wouldn't let me log in with my previous name so I had to choose another.  (that's about how everything has been going for me with comcast, so no surprise there.)  

On Thursday I believe it was (which would have been July 12) I got a call from someone at comcast asking if my ipad app was  working yet --I told them "no" she said "OK.  We'll work on it some and call you back in 24 hours."  Well, no surprise, I didn't get a call.  Also no surprise it still doesn't work.  (Please see all my previous problems in this thread under the name sallylw.  

What next?

Our team is still working on your issue and someone should reach out to you shortly. I will update you if I learn anymore information.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Same here.  Can't Comcast figure this out????????????????????????

sallylw wrote:

New Poster

I am having the same issue.  Is there a fix to this? I've talked so many people at comcast and they keep telling me the same thing (unplug box, uninstall app, go to remote help) and that it needs to be escalated to the next level.  I have Motorola RNG200N, which is compatible device.  It would be nice if someone had some knowledge of the issue and it could be resolved.  My app allows me to record shows, but does not give me the option to 'Watch on TV'. 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 10 in conversation