Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity Streampix Parental Control Problem

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity Streampix Parental Control Problem

I've been trying to watch Law and Order: SVU on Streampix, but it won't let me. Instead of playing the show it displays "This video is rated TV-14" and has a link for the parental controls. I've set it so that everything is unlocked (I am the only user and am well over the age of 18), but it still won't let me watch SVU. I've watched it before, why the new issue?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity Streampix Parental Control Problem

I've tried other "14 and up" shows, and I still can't view any of them. I've turn on and off my parental controls  and made sure all the channels are unlocked, but I still can't view my shows. 

Frequent Visitor

This is still an issue. I've logged in and out, reset parental controls, etc. Is this a Streampix problem or a problem with my account?

New Poster

In my case the issue was two tiered.

I am using Windows 8.1 with IE 11.

Whe i tried to open an R rated movie from IE11 i would get presented with a message that the program is rated R and a link to MANAGE PARENTAL CONTROLS. My parental controls were disabled.

Whe i tred this in Chrome i was presented wih  a different message. This time it said that I had reached the 3 registered device maximum. When i removed my devices i was able to stream the r rated movie in Chrome. Still no luck in IE11. Not even with compatibility view enabled. Now it just stays on LOADING VIDEO.

The workaround is to use Chrome.

New Poster

This Service was working fine just days ago.  I've been experienceing the exact same issue, downloading another third party browser I dont want isn't a solution.  Comcast, get on this and get it to work normally again....

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation