Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity HD TV channel lineup randomness

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity HD TV channel lineup randomness

I am finding it really annoying that the HD channel lineup in the guide seems to be random. The standard TV guide had the channels listed in numerical order and they made sense. Now with the HD guide I have Cinemax and Starz appearring in the line up with NBC and CBS. HBO also appears out of order, without all of the HBO channels being together, like in the standard TV lineup. Why is there no rhyme or reason to the way Xfinity has linedup the channels in their guide, and is it possible to get them to put them in order (perhaps if enough people complain about it) so that it makes more sense and channels are easier to find? When I call up and ask customer service about it, they don't seem to care and say that is the way it is, and too bad. One customer service person told me that their is nothing wrong with that lineup and that no one esle has complained about it. REALLY? I find that hard to believe. Is everyone OK about the lineup being messed up and nonsensical? I am starting to feel angry about this. 

Service Expert

Re: Xfinity HD TV channel lineup randomness

VF-Artist wrote:

I am finding it really annoying that the HD channel lineup in the guide seems to be random. The standard TV guide had the channels listed in numerical order and they made sense. Now with the HD guide I have Cinemax and Starz appearring in the line up with NBC and CBS. HBO also appears out of order, without all of the HBO channels being together, like in the standard TV lineup. Why is there no rhyme or reason to the way Xfinity has linedup the channels in their guide, and is it possible to get them to put them in order (perhaps if enough people complain about it) so that it makes more sense and channels are easier to find? When I call up and ask customer service about it, they don't seem to care and say that is the way it is, and too bad. One customer service person told me that their is nothing wrong with that lineup and that no one esle has complained about it. REALLY? I find that hard to believe. Is everyone OK about the lineup being messed up and nonsensical? I am starting to feel angry about this. 

look at the virtual channel numbers above 1000 and you will see them sorted into neighborhoods (SD and HD).

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity HD TV channel lineup randomness

OK, Thanks, I didn't know that. I see that the channel line up starting at number 1000 is similar to the standard channel lineup, but if I click on number 2 (CBS) and then go to the xfinity guide, it has it listed as 189. If I go to number 1002, it is also says CBS and the guide is in the same oder as the standard channel lineup, so why is the xfinity guide listing it as 189, and why then is the channel listing totally random and out of order? When I press 2 (CBS) why doesn't the guide then post it as 1002? Why do they instead post it as 189? It seems very odd to me.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation